Toshiba Satellite A100 Bluetooth
Hi to all,
yesterday i needed to use bluetooth on my Toshiba Satellite A100-117, but I thought that Ubuntu doesn't recognize it since latest versions of linux kernel...Last time it worked under ubuntu, i've updated UNDER WINDOWS the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, then I restarted and it worked well, but i've thought that it was only a coincidence!
Yesterday i've tried again to update under Windows XP my Toshiba Bluetooth Stack...AND magically it worked another time under these conditions:
- Bluetooth MUST remain turned on during Windows Shutdown
- Toshiba Bluetooth Stack version MUST be > 6.30
Now, if someone can explain WHY it worked and HOW to help you developing some "ugly" drivers to ENABLE and DISABLE it under ubuntu...
I can program in C / C++ / Python / Java / C# (last one only a bit )
Re: Toshiba Satellite A100 Bluetooth
""The bluetooth module on Toshiba Satellite A300 laptop is not available by default via lspci and lsusb tools. This is because we need to make an acpi call to enable it. Follow these steps to get it working on Debian/Ubuntu linux:
1. Add these repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://packages.kirya.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://packages.kirya.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
sudo apt-get update
to synchronize package list.
2. Install package omnibook-source:
sudo apt-get install omnibook-source
3. Build and setup the omnibook module:
sudo m-a a-i omnibook-source
4. Create new file called omnibook in /etc/modprobe.d/ folder and put the following content there:
options omnibook ectype=14
5. For autoload this module you can add the line in your /etc/modules:
6. Now you can load it manually via command:
sudo modprobe omnibook ectype=14
The bluetooth icon should be appear in the system tray.""
Tags for this Thread