Quote Originally Posted by dreemeeper View Post
like i said, i don't have alot of hands on experience yet, but during this week i will be processing a couple hundred wedding photos with gimp, and i do use alot of creative editing. so afterwards i will be happy to report back with a first hand experience from a freelance photographer viewpoint.
That would be fantastic! I love GIMP, it took a while for me to get used to the interface, but it can basically do a lot of what photoshop can, but it can be better. There's always Photoshop CS2 in wine, but I prefer GIMP, being the opensource guy that I am

I'll be buying a laptop very soon for college, and I've been deeply looking into System76 for quite sometime. I would go for the Pangolin Performance with the nVidia gpu, but the laptop itself is just too big for my taste.

But as before, if it isn't too much of a hassle, it would be very appreciated if you put in your experience with editing your wedding pictures.

I've really been into HDR recently, and merging different exposure brackets in the program Qtpfsgui (absolute worst name ever) and using GIMP for a little more manipulation, but by God.. on my 4 year old laptop, it takes foreeeeeeeeever So hopefully, it'll be a breeeeeze in this Gazelle