Thread: Banshee doesn't sync to iPhone 4

Beans

Question Banshee doesn't sync to iPhone 4

I'm running the latest Banshee from the PPA (banshee-1.9.5 as of this post). Banshee successfully sees and connects to my iPhone, however, when I try to sync music to it, Banshee fails with this error: "The mp3 format is not supported by the device, and no converter was found to cover it"

I have aacplusenc-0.17.5 installed as well as all the gstreamer bad/ugly packages. If found this Banshee bug report:
    AAC Files converted to MP3 even though iPod supports AAC

which I suspect may be the problem but I haven't found a work-around.

Sometimes I'm actually able to get Banshee to actually sync the song to the iPhone (randomly) but then it's not available to play in the iPhone's music library. Going into the iTunes folder on the iPhone, I can see the songs in there as mp3 format.

Anyone know or have ideas about how to get Banshee working with the iPhone 4?

Beans

Re: Banshee doesn't sync to iPhone 4

bump

Beans

Im in the same boat as you. Just bought a verizon iphone 4 black 16gb. I get the same error. Hope aomeone finds a fix.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
    Hello everyone
    i am using ipod touch 3G and my device is not able to mount by itself. i am getting an error message when i plugged in the usb. The error shows
    "DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)".
    Earlier my device was locked then i removed the password and reconnected it but it is still showing me the same error.
    Help me with this i am not able to sync it.
    i am using ubuntu 11.04...

Beans

Hello, I'm getting the same error message from Banshee. If there is a solution I look forward to reading about it.

Beans

Just tried this. Banshee does not transfer mp3, but Rhythmbox does. I have reverted to Rhythmbox. I do not know why Banshee does not work and cannot help any futher than to tell you to instal rhythmbox. Works out of the box.

Keith

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Please refer to this thread, it worked for me!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1730631
    Anything worth having is never free, except Ubuntu