Thread: getting CAFF work (from pkg signing-party)

Beans

Lightbulb getting CAFF work (from pkg signing-party)

Hi all,

I'd like to use the tool caff from the package "signing-party". It sends mail with encrypted signatures to those who you just signed (PGP/GPG).

Is there a good tutorial on how to set up an MTA? I just cannot send mails, no one receives them. On openSuSE all I had to do was to change my hostname to a proper value, but this didn't work on Ubuntu.
    As I understand, I need either exim4 or postfix.

As I have seen, there is no article related to caff on the wiki. Would be glad if someone could write one.

Regards
    >> Linux User Group Schaumburg <<
    #lug-schaumburg on Freenode (as bmhm)
    Wer sich auf seinen Lorbeeren ausruht, trägt sie an der falschen Stelle!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: getting CAFF work (from pkg signing-party)

I'm guessing you might have resolved this problem by now but I'll reply anyway, in case someone else needs help:

caff uses smtp. You need to set up your smtp server first. You can do this for most email providers --you don't need to run your own domain or email server to set up your smtp.

Then you need to configure ~/.caffrc file to configure it correctly.

It works smoothly. Let me know if you have more questions.

maya--

Quote Originally Posted by bmhm View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to use the tool caff from the package "signing-party". It sends mail with encrypted signatures to those who you just signed (PGP/GPG).

Is there a good tutorial on how to set up an MTA? I just cannot send mails, no one receives them. On openSuSE all I had to do was to change my hostname to a proper value, but this didn't work on Ubuntu.
    As I understand, I need either exim4 or postfix.

As I have seen, there is no article related to caff on the wiki. Would be glad if someone could write one.

Regards