Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GNOME Do Docky

Beans

Post GNOME Do Docky

I've downloaded GNOME Do and I'm using it as a docky. I'll add all the shortcuts I want on it but everytime I logout or restart my computer all the shortcuts disappear. I'm sure this is not suppose to happen. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: GNOME Do Docky

I guess it's because no file is being written? I haven't used Gnome do for any great length of time because... :

Do you find your Gnome do dock's animation to be slick and smooth? Mine's quite... juddery. I have a fairly capable graphics card (8500gt) that can handle HD etc so why can't it handle gnome do?!
    OMG! Ubuntu!
    Everything Ubuntu. Daily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Have you hovered your curser over either the left or right edge of Docky? It will let you expand it almost all the way across the screen. I think you will be surprised by all of the launchers already there.
    I would guess they (your custom launchers) are still there but have been moved/re-arranged.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Have you hovered your curser over either the left or right edge of Docky? It will let you expand it almost all the way across the screen. I think you will be surprised by all of the launchers already there.
    I would guess they (your custom launchers) are still there but have been moved/re-arranged.
    I tried that but my custom launchers are not there. For the launchers I did have on there they all had their own custom icon pictures as well.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joey-elijah View Post
    Do you find your Gnome do dock's animation to be slick and smooth? Mine's quite... juddery. I have a fairly capable graphics card (8500gt) that can handle HD etc so why can't it handle gnome do?!
    Mine runs very smooth. My graphics card was top of the line for laptops when I got it a year and a half ago. I'm not sure why yours is bleh.

Beans

So does anyone know what I can do about this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by MissKitty View Post
    Mine runs very smooth. My graphics card was top of the line for laptops when I got it a year and a half ago. I'm not sure why yours is bleh.
    Would you please be more specific. What make & model is your laptop? What processor? Amount of ram? Brand & model of graphics card?
    Thanks.
    My Dual Boot ThinkPads... W700 ~ W500 ~ T500 ~ T60 ~ X60s

Dedicated Ubuntu Thinkpads... T400 ~ X301 ~ X200s ~ R51

Beans

My problem is that the lauchers on my docky disapear every time I sutdown or logout of my computer. Why is this? It's pointless for me to have this darn dock if it can't keep the launchers I put on them. How do I fix this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

The creator of Gnome Do Docky is a member of this forum. I recommend you to PM him: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=79084

and I'm sure he'll be able to help you.

As for the other dude with the Geforce 8500gt, the problem is the nvidia driver.
    Check out this discussion: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1095394 , some people raised this problem and he described how to solve it.

Beans

I'm pretty sure gnome-do in the Intrepid repository is out-dated (it could be a bug that has since been fixed), but I'm not sure though since I'm running jaunty which has version 8.1.3, which is working fine for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast