Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dell XPS M1330 - enable bluetooth without reinstalling windows?

Beans

Re: Dell XPS M1330 - enable bluetooth without reinstalling windows?

Mine is working like a charm!

In fact, I'm waiting to see if it's going to work in few weeks when new Ubuntu comes out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks heldmar, but yours apparently worked out of the box. Was wondering how it was going for us majority who have had it not work.

I've spent nearly 2 days on this, and I'm about to just give up.

My biggest beef isn't with Ubuntu, I don't think. It is with Dell only releasing their drivers as windows executables.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Has anyone filed a Launchpad bug report to inform the Ubuntu devs that the Dell XPS 1330 bluetooth will not turn on if it was initially turned off under Windows?

They might be able to advise us.
    RYKEL™ | Google+ OR Skype Name: rykellim

Beans
    ugh this is just depressing. I dont think it will ever be solved tbh. My camera works under 10.10. albeit looking like its through frosted glass sadly. Worked perfectly in all previous versions of ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hi folks!

For your reference, this is how it worked on my Dell XPS M1330:
    I have recently completely reinstalled windows 7 and kubuntu 11.04 dual booting on my XPS M1330. At first bluetooth wasn't available under both OSes (so Windows 7 didn't recognize automatically the bluetooth module neither). So I downloaded a Windows 7 driver from the dell support page. Because for XPS M1330 there's only a Windows Vista driver available, I specified the Alienware M15x Laptop as my computer model and Windows 7 x64 as my operating system (this was recommended in several forum posts). After installation the bluetooth device is now listed as Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR in the so called Device Manager.
    After a reboot into Kubuntu, bluetooth is now available and working as well. No more action was needed here.

I was lucky enough I had installed Windows previously anyway. But I do hope there is a linux only solution for those of you without Windows.

Beans

I'ven't a dell xps but on my dell vostro 3350 i've solved this problem with this guide http://www.edwardcrosby.com/2011/06/...1ubuntu-11-04/

Beans

After a long wasting time in complicated tuto and tips , i found an easy magic solution look at this : http://www.edwardcrosby.com/2011/06/...1ubuntu-11-04/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123