Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple posts/same answer in threads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Multiple posts/same answer in threads

I'm for keeping the beans - they make things nice and fun, sometimes. Plus, if you get rid of the post count, not many people will be able to tell when the images change (yes, I do know ways around this, check the profile of the user is one). the post count doesn't really mean much. Plenty of users with more experiance and knolege than me have only 3 or four beans.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    [...] the post count doesn't really mean much. Plenty of users with more experiance and knolege than me have only 3 or four beans.
    If they don't mean much... why should they be kept? That's my point, any statistics displayed should at least have a value.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The beans aren't easily identifiable as a post count. The symbols don't make immediate sense on a scale, and neither do the titles (for example, jenkin up there has "Way Too Much Ubuntu" with less than 1/4 of jacob "16-bit Cup of Ubuntu"'s 1659 posts). I don't think they should be treated as a single issue with post counts because they aren't so obvious, they're unique to this forum and they amuse the users. What would be the benefit of removing them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by GepettoBR View Post
    The beans aren't easily identifiable as a post count. The symbols don't make immediate sense on a scale, and neither do the titles (for example, jenkin up there has "Way Too Much Ubuntu" with less than 1/4 of jacob "16-bit Cup of Ubuntu"'s 1659 posts). I don't think they should be treated as a single issue with post counts because they aren't so obvious, they're unique to this forum and they amuse the users. What would be the benefit of removing them?
    you do realize that Jacobmp's title is custom, right?
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

you do realize that Jacobmp's title is custom, right?
    Custom titles are fun

Edit: According to the UserCP mine should read "I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by GepettoBR View Post
    No I agree - the beans/symbols/images/whatever are just fun things to make posts different. I was talking solely about the post counts. (And "16-bit Cup of Ubuntu" is a custom title, by the way, you won't ever see that in a regular rotation, so that really nails in the fact that those aren't too relevant to post counts.)

edit: i'm slow. and @joeb454, I see "Ubuntu Master Roaster," as default, though I didn't actually try it.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm for keeping the beans - they make things nice and fun, sometimes. Plus, if you get rid of the post count, not many people will be able to tell when the images change (yes, I do know ways around this, check the profile of the user is one). the post count doesn't really mean much. Plenty of users with more experiance and knolege than me have only 3 or four beans.
    I'm for keeping the bean cout too: it's a bit of fun, and as long as it doesn't impact on server resources that might be better used for something else......
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

I am not really fussed if the beans go, but I think the post count should stay. I know that the post count does not determine a persons knowledge with Ubuntu but it does show those who have committed their time to the forums on an ongoing way and IMO if someone has a large post count their focus would probably be on helping others and not on the count.
    Ubuntu Newbie Help: irc: #beginners-help on network irc.freenode.net
    Help others, mark your threads solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jacobmp92 View Post
    and @joeb454, I see "Ubuntu Master Roaster," as default, though I didn't actually try it.
    That's right - Moderators should have Ubuntu Master Roaster, and Admin's by default have Ultimate Coffee Grinder.

As I have the option to identify as a member of the Beginners Team before Moderator, I can see what it should (in theory) read if I chose to do that, which was "I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am"

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    That's right - Moderators should have Ubuntu Master Roaster, and Admin's by default have Ultimate Coffee Grinder.

As I have the option to identify as a member of the Beginners Team before Moderator, I can see what it should (in theory) read if I chose to do that, which was "I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am"
    Aha! I get it. In that case I see "May the Ubuntu Be With You!" for the Unanswered Posts Team. (though are those titles team-specific as well? bah, it doesn't matter. )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast