Thread: Drum Machines..?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Drum Machines..?

Are there any specialty drums machines for Ubuntu..?

Congas, Bongos, Chimes, Noises, DragRace audio, The sounds of extremely powerful engines.. Like where do you hear the sounds of the space shuttle's engines.. Without those delicious engine sounds polluted by absolutely insane toilet-class "music"..?

The Plan is to set these two 600 watt lansings under the chair, and crank the volume up so it shakes things off shelves...
    And Feel the power of those engines like I'm sitting on them...
    Last edited by DonaldJ; March 15th, 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Beans

Re: Drum Machines..?

There is Hydrogen and Jackbeat and lmms all are very nice piece of software but I am no professional.
    lmms is an all in one sampler I think you can crete your own sound for tweak stuff from a sample libary.
    Hope this helps good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I wonders if the Ubuntu startup sounds were created with a software drum machine..?

My plan is to get a group of drummers out in the park, all playing their little parts of an ad-lib freeforall solo, to have it create some wild music... But given that there aren't any people in this town capable of, nor interested in, doing that, I figure I might do it myself on the computer.. but I need congas, bongos, and all the ancient drum sounds, to make it work... I suppose I could try it with a sampler, and try to create my own sounds...

I bet somewhere out there someone has a conga software drum machine...

The local pawn shop has a super sounding little drum, shaped like an hour glass.. It sure has a nice voice.. but too pricey for me...

Decades ago I heard a solo drum tune on the radio, which made my body feel like it was dancing all inside, around a huge fire, and it made me sweat and heat-up, and pushed me into a trance... It woke me to the stuff that happens to native peoples when they dance around the fire to drum beats.. some sort of natural high... I wonders if I can recreate it with the computer, but I doubts it... I thinks you gotta have a drum to do a drum's song.. but it's worth a try...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hydrogen has a bunch of drumkits. I am sure at least one of them has congas and bongos and timbales and djembes etc.
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks Mark

From what I'm reading about Hydrogen, it seems it is responsible for much of the drum sounds in most of today's music...

I got the first drumkit for hydrogen... There are bongos in it.. and seems there are several other drumkits to download for Hydrogen... The plan is to get them all... Me thinks this is what I've been looking for... It never worked in Windows... Trying to get drums in Windows gave me the feel like a hungry dirty homeless kid gazing into the window of a plush eatery, drooling,,,

On a light note: Something humorous you might enjoy...

My neighbor, a typical "dump blond" with an intellect IQ near 20.. wouldn't take care of her front yard... I recall the time seeing her pounding loose nails in her deck, holding the hammer claw, and hitting the nails with the end of the wooden handle...
    I think she mowed her lawn about once a year... Lucky for me it was a tiny front yard... Anyway, this particular Spring I'm raking the leaves from her mess, when she comes home, and wonders why, when the wind will do it anyway... I tells her that the wind blows her leaves everywhere, making cleanup be a forever thing for her neighbors... It didn't sink in...
    She goes to work... I'm finishing up raking her yard, when an odd strange looking female stops her car near me, gets out, and asks if my name is Mark... She's desperately looking for anyone named Mark...
    Seems my neighbor told her work colleagues at the old folks home about the "Mark that's raking her front lawn for free, and that her friends should go and find themselves a mark too to do their front yards for free too... So this female is out and about searching for a "Mark" to do her front lawn free...
    Sometimes I wonders how some peoples remember when it's time to breathe..?

Thanks again for the Hydrogen data... Do you do drums?..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I used to do a little. I had many musician friends and a whole bunch of them were just mad about african drums for a while. We would go to these things where there were hundreds of people all playing drums nonstop for days... with maybe one saxophone in the mix.
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

What do they call those drum-fest sessions?.. ("Soul Thumping")?..

Are there any links on them?..

That would be like a dream come true for me...

It's in me to start one up...

Drum music wakes the dragon in me...

In the topic "sax in the mix".. Years ago, I had a group of buds who created a musician group they called "Melchizidek", in Calgary Alberta... The one tune they did that I loved: "Hot Ice".. at the end of the chorus, "She's Hot! Ice! The Moment you need her, She's Gone!"..followed by a decaying drum roll... It could have been a Hit... The young lady the tune was about, is this one: http://www.actorforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659

One day a gay sax-player walks up the group, and asks if he can jam with them... His sounds almost made me ill...
    So he becomes a member of the band.. Yuk!.. I noted that his sounds, added to their loving music, made their tunes seem almost "evil"... I think he's what destroyed their band... It gave me a sense that the evil part of humanity reached into something good, to pollute it and destroy it, but my friends wouldn't hear of it.. I suppose they were blinded by all the dope .. and now their band is no more... I told them I estimated he would have destroyed their band in 18-months.. it took him only 14 months... Not that all sax players are evil... Just that one...

I've got four "Hydrogen Drumkit" downloads on the desktop... How do I install them?..
    Last edited by DonaldJ; March 17th, 2009 at 04:44 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

IEEeeeeeee!!!! I just created an exquisite high passion drum rift with FreeBirth.. and I was really getting into it.. and it was heating me up... and I thought I saved it.. oops.. OucH!...

How do you save with freebirth?..