Thread: Turn off Shutdown Notification

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Turn off Shutdown Notification (Jaunty)

While I may be in the minority. I find it very annoying to have to confirm my shutdown. Yes I know I can just let it run the 59 sec. and it still does it automatically. But I never do so. Thus I must now do an extra click to turn off my computer I would rather not have to do.

Has anyone figured out how to shut off just this one notification yet? I have done various searches within the forums to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Brandel Valico; March 14th, 2009 at 07:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Turn off Shutdown Notification

Quote Originally Posted by Brandel Valico View Post
    While I may be in the minority. I find it very annoying to have to confirm my shutdown. Yes I know I can just let it run the 59 sec. and it still does it automatically. But I never do so. Thus I must now do an extra click to turn off my computer I would rather not have to do.

Has anyone figured out how to shut off just this one notification yet? I have done various searches within the forums to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Of course not, pre-release software is NOT discussed in this forum. Please take notice of the post at the top of this forum.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro

My bad if an Admin will be kind enough to move this post to the proper forum I would appreciate it.

Thank you for the heads up on my having posted in the wrong forum. Probably should have been in the Jaunty Forum. Just figured "General" seemed more appropriate for what is a very minor issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Brandel Valico View Post
    My bad if an Admin will be kind enough to move this post to the proper forum I would appreciate it.

Thank you for the heads up on my having posted in the wrong forum. Probably should have been in the Jaunty Forum. Just figured "General" seemed more appropriate for what is a very minor issue.
    So many people just don't get it. A new release means new features and ways of working that do not exist in the current releases, so asking people about things they have no experience with is not just pointless for the person asking the question, it just wastes the time of people who try and answer questions without realising that it does not apply to the version they are using.

At least you have the 9.10 version in your profile, some have nothing and then frustrate people by finally revealing that they are using a pre-release version after many pointless posts.

This happens with every single Ubuntu pre-release version, and all of the messages to people before downloading the new version just seem to be disregarded too often.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro

I can understand the logic of what your saying. Again thank you for pointing out I posted in the wrong forum. Your doing so prompted me to edit the subject line to include "Jaunty" so that people wouldn't have to waste time looking at it. Because as you point out though my profile shows I'm using Jaunty the post did not. Hopefully this will prevent the issue and speed up the process of getting this post moved to where it should be. So those who are also using Jaunty may be able to offer a helpful post.