Thread: I Need Your Opinion For This Question - Ethical Behavior

Beans

I Need Your Opinion For This Question - Ethical Behavior

Are the people that behave ethically in cyberspace communities usually the most respected? For instance:
    Bob.Cache is always very helpful and tries to follow all the rules. He posts an equal amount as iRulezU, who helps, but occasionally says offensive things that may aggravate or humor the other people in the community.

Darn, I forgot to make the poll. Can someone put that up there?
    Last edited by tdrusk; March 14th, 2009 at 04:59 AM.
    Acer Aspire 3680, Intel Celeron M, 1.41 GB RAM
    Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I Need Your Opinion For This Question - Ethical Behavior

well, ethics and societal standards are subjective, and change drastically from person to person. so some people would say yea, and others nay.

I personally wonder why some people insist on calling people out for attacking microsoft on the forums. the person never defends microsoft (at least not a ton), but they do attack the MS-hater. granted neither position in that argument is terribly laudable, but hey....

one final thought. you used the word 'offensive'. offense is also subjective. People don't actually have the right to not experience things that they don't want to. people don't like bad news, but they usually need to hear/see it. you (well not you, but a given person) have only one choice if you are 'offended': change the channel.
    Last edited by doas777; March 14th, 2009 at 05:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by doas777 View Post
    well, ethics and societal standards are subjective, and change drastically from person to person. so some people would say yea, and others nay.

I personally wonder why some people insist on calling people out for attacking microsoft on the forums. the person never defends microsoft (at least not a ton), but they do attack the MS-hater. granted neither position in that argument is terribly laudable, but hey....

one final thought. you used the word 'offensive'. offense is also subjective. People don't actually have the right to not experience things that they don't want to. people don't like bad news, but they usually need to hear/see it. you (well not you, but a given person) have only one choice if you are 'offended': change the channel.
    That's very deep doas777.

Thankyou.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by doas777 View Post

Possibly a little OT, but your last statement reminded one of life's truths: that we have no control over others, only our reactions.
    “Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today; teach a man to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime” —unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am know for my flair for the over-dramatic. lol. thanks for taking it in the right light.

My dad used to say much the same thing

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Its not very constructive but it has some relevance

Happy geeks are effective geeks!
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0ghz), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, 3GB Crucial DDR3-1066Mhz RAM, XFX ATI RadeonHD 5750 1GB GDDR5