Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [HOWTO] abcde

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [HOWTO] abcde

I tried to delete this message but didn't find the option...
    Last edited by elektronaut; April 10th, 2006 at 10:17 PM.

Beans

Thanks for taking the time to respond, that did that trick..
    I knew it had to be some kind of silly *** thing that I was missing.
    Thanks again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielWolff
    Hey, I guess the above description is missing one big issue: don't you have to copy the .abcde.conf back to etc?

Plus, I'd like to rip albums that contain non-english characters. Daschl, you should know how. For example: an Album By Die Ertsä Allgämeine Värunsicherung. abcde just turns it into Die Erst? Allg?meine V?runsicherung.

How do I keep the Umlauts?

Thanx

G
    no, you don't have to copy it back (if you do that, all users will use the new file if they dont have their own .abce.conf in their home-dir)

iirc umlauts are saved correctly. maybe you can't display it in your terminal because you use the wrong charset!
    btw: its the "Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung", and there's no umlaut
    free speech and free beer

When you create a new thread
    - post _all_ necessary logfiles

- a good structure is essential

- highlight important stuff

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for the how-to. I've been searching for a way to simultaneously rip my CD collection to FLAC and mp3 formats, one for archival and one for use with portables.

Now, is there a way to have the flac and mp3 output files go into different subdirectories? I don't want both sets of files ripped into the same directory. For instance, let's say I have a big second hard drive mounted at /music, and I want to have the flac files go into /music/flac , and the mp3s into /music/mp3.

Anyone know how to do this?

TIA,

-Gnemo

Beans
    Hidden!

flac and mp3 in separate directories - solved

Okay, I figured it out. The following snippets from abcde.conf tell how to do this:
    OUTPUTDIR="/music"
    OUTPUTTYPE=flac,mp3
    OUTPUTFORMAT='${OUTPUT}/${ARTISTFILE}-${ALBUMFILE}/${TRACKNUM}.${TRACKFILE}'
    This combination puts the FLAC files in /music/flac, and the mp3 files in /music/mp3.

The key is the ${OUTPUT}/ bit in OUTPUTFORMAT; ${OUTPUT} is "flac" for FLAC and "mp3" for MP3.

-Gnemo
    Last edited by gnemo; September 29th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: flac and mp3 in separate directories - solved

Excellent... Can't wait to try this when I get home.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

First of all, I wanted to share this with you guys, thinking it might be appealing to some of you. Secondly, I'm looking for help with it.

How would I would go about applying a patch to abcde? Namely, this one over at Hydrogenaudio.org...

Patch: Add Test & Copy to abcde/cdparanoia, Got tired of checking manually
    Linux user since January 31st, 2006.
    two ways to live :: the choice we all face

Beans
    Distro

Ok, I've got this working pretty well (I gave up on the patch, because I'm interested in single-file rips). Here's my situation though, I want to be able to rip to single file flac, that I can easily and accurately burn to a blank cd. I think that with brasero (formerly bonfire) I can point it to a cue sheet that references a flac image, it will burn it to the cd properly, but what about if the cue sheet is embedded? Are there any native linux applications that can easily and accurately burn a single file, cue embedded flack file to a cd?

If not, I will need to set up abcde to output a single file flac with embedded cue (so I can use abcde to split and encode to mp3 at a later time), AND an external cue sheet, so I can burn copies easily with Brasero (or other capable burning application). Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

bump. are there any abcde users out there that can help me? what should i have in my abcde.conf to let me rip to a single-file flac image that i can later burn to a cd easily? also, if possible, i'd like to rip to mp3 tracks also, can this be done simultaneously, or do i need to do it in through a separate process?

finally, I want to apply album based replay-gain to all of my files. should i apply this in the "FLACOPTS" field, or through the "normalize" options?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

need some help
    Code:
     VAOUTPUTFORMAT=’VA-${ALBUMFILE}/${TRACKNUM}.${ARTISTFILE} - ${TRACKFILE}’
    gives me an error and the Track gets written "as Artist -.mp3", without spaces it gets written correct.
    So how do I get spaces in there?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast