Thread: [HOWTO] abcde

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: [HOWTO] abcde

Hi,

ABCDE has somehow stopped working properly on my old desktop machine, running Crunchbang presently. The process stops after ripping the CD tracks with cdparanoia, without the encoding phase. That's not a big problem, actually, and fixing it can wait — I can always convert the wave files with oggenc, flac or lame. However, I would like to know if and how I can retrieve the CDDB information from the cddbread.1 file so that I would not have to add the tags manually (with Easytag, for instance). I decided to make both flac and small ogg copies of the original wav's of an album, and I may be using both ogg and flac on different devices (e.g. leaving the flacs on the big HDD and copying the tiny oggs onto my daughter's Sansa player); now I'm not sure how I could take an advantage of the tag information available in the CDDB file(s) already present in the ~/abcde.870a2f0a directory.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Oh, by the way, the errors file in the mentioned directory states the following:
    Code:
    encodetrack-ogg-01: returned code 1: nice -n 10 oggenc 8 -o /home/piraja/abcde.870a2f0a/track01.ogg /home/piraja/abcde.870a2f0a/track01.wav
    Last edited by Piraja; March 1st, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm