Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [HOWTO] abcde

Beans

Re: [HOWTO] abcde

If you have an ~/.abcde.conf file try placing:

Code:
    CDROM=/dev/sr1
    and this might get things going...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 73bazinga View Post
    I read earlier in the thread about selecting cd drive to read from. i am trying to read from and external usb drive.

I can see the disc but cannot get abcde to read it instead of my main drive. using -d. I assume i have the wrong path to the drive but being new cannot figure out how to find the path. i bookmarked the drive and got cdda://sr1/ but cannot figure out how to format the path to get abcde to read it i just get the error cannot find cd drive.

any suggestions?
    it will be something like /dev/sr1

when you plug in the drive the output of the dmesg command will give you some clues.

Beans

Thank you nicrout and andrew.46 i will try this when i get home.

it will be something like /dev/sr1

when you plug in the drive the output of the dmesg command will give you some clues.
    what is dmsg comand. and how do i use it effectively?

Beans

type dmesg into a terminal and see the output of the the kernel ring buffer, ie what the kernel ouputs when (for example) and external device is plugged or unplugged.

Beans

Thank you nickrout. i will try that in a few hours. hopefully i can get it to work.

Beans

Worked for sure. turns out it was /dev/sr1 although i could have sworn i tried that yesterday.

thanks for the help guys. was able to run both drives at the same time from different terminals

Beans

Good to hear the issue has been resolved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm just getting into abcde as I found that my old fave - ripperx is unstable after 12.04.

Lots of good info in this thread. I'm trying to get abcde to write into the ID3 comment tag for mp3s, giving the lame parameters used in the encoding, which works to a point.

Edit: Got it working.

In my ~/.abcde.conf I have the following set:

Code:
    # Add a comment into the ID3 comment tag
    COMMENT='Created using lame ${MP3ENCODEROPTS}'
    In my case the mp3 tag results in "Created using lame -V0 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19.7 -b96"
    Last edited by BFG; February 15th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    I'm just getting into abcde as I found that my old fave - ripperx is unstable after 12.04.

Lots of good info in this thread. I'm trying to get abcde to write into the ID3 comment tag for mp3s, giving the lame parameters used in the encoding, which works to a point.

Edit: Got it working.

In my ~/.abcde.conf I have the following set:

Code:
    # Add a comment into the ID3 comment tag
    COMMENT='Created using lame ${MP3ENCODEROPTS}'
    In my case the mp3 tag results in "Created using lame -V0 --vbr-new -q0 --lowpass 19.7 -b96"
    I am not 100% sure what all you are hoping to accomplish but you can edit the CDDB info before you start the rip.

A good allternative if you don't mind a small bit of post tagging, EasyTAG is a great program for mass editing of ID3 tags. particularly if you are wanting to insert the same thing in a field for multiple files.

Beans

Those who follow the development version of abcde might be interested to know that there is now support for the newest version of eyeD3 (the new default mp3 tagger):

http://code.google.com/p/abcde/source/detail?r=379

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast