Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cairo-dock weather applet not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Cairo-dock weather applet not working

Hi All,

I am not in the habit of reviving my own old threads but I am stumped with my favorite applet in cairo-dock (AKA glx-dock), the weather applet. Somehow I appear to have messed up my configuration and the weather applet is not working anymore.

I am running 2.3.0~0beta1 but I have had this issue with all 2.2.x versions.

I have read through this thread and tried all suggestions (again ) but this time the weather applet still refuses to show me the weather.

I have tried different locations (NLXX0002 and NLXX0018 ) and different notations (NLxx...., nlxx.... and so forth). Nothing seems to help. I have access to weather.com (through IP and DNS) and I can ping the site. Firestarter is instructed to let the site pass.

As stated in previous (ancient) posts I don't think it is life threatening or I can't live without it but I hate it when I can't get the applet to work properly.

Any tips on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated. As always

Greetz,

J@n
    Main desktop: Mint 12-AMD Phenom II X4 975-16GB- 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + 2 TB + 1,5 TB (DIY)
    Storage: Synology CS-406-4x500 GB, DS-211-2x2TB
    Ubuntu user 33387

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Cairo-dock weather applet not working

Ah well.... not that reviving did any good

My problem is miraculously solved. I replaced my router for a new one and apparently I configured some settings over enthusiastic in my old router.

With the basic settings of my new router the weather applet is working again (Huray)

Greetz,

J@n
    Main desktop: Mint 12-AMD Phenom II X4 975-16GB- 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD + 2 TB + 1,5 TB (DIY)
    Storage: Synology CS-406-4x500 GB, DS-211-2x2TB
    Ubuntu user 33387

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567