Thread: Torrents

Beans

Torrents

OK well I wanna use the laptop I have for anime, but i need to know how I can download the anime from a torrent, I already got vlc media player so I don't need to worry about that. I prefer to use either u torrent or bit torrent but if ubuntu has a separate torrent download program that would work too! Any help is greatly appreciated I wanna watch quickly

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Torrents

My personal favorite is called "transmission." You can find it in Synaptic Package Manager. It's the least laggy BT downloader/manager I've come across.

Afterthought: You'll probably want to make sure you install 'transmission-gtk' - apparently plain old 'transmission' could be terminal only.
    Last edited by Defrector; March 11th, 2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: afterthought

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Torrents

Transmission is the default torrent client in Ubuntu. You don't have to install it.

My personal favorite, though is Deluge. It has an interface and features similar to uTorrent, but it's native to Linux. You could also use uTorrent under Wine.

My favorite torrent search sites are IsoHunt and The Pirate Bay. Demonoid is another good site, and has high-quality torrents and some rare torrents that are hard to find elsewhere, but requires membership (which is free but only itermittently granted without a referral) and doesn't have the volume of torrents of other sites.