Thread: rTorrent automatic stop/remove/move torrents

Beans

Arrow rTorrent automatic stop/remove/move torrents

I have installed rTorrent on my 8.04 server; it's working perfect! Now I would like to fine-tune by using the .rtorrent.rc file. What I want is this:

• Scan directory for new .torrent files
    • Download (partial completed) torrents to /home/user/downloads/incomplete
    • Once completed, the data must be moved to /home/user/downloads/complete and keeps seeding until 150%
    • When ratio of 150% is reached, remove torrent from rTorrent

I think this all is possible, but I can't manage to do this. Please have a look at my config file below. The 'watch'-dir. is working perfect. After copying a file into the directory, rTorrents starts downloading. But the automatic moving function does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    # Default directory to save the downloaded torrents.
    directory = /home/smeerbartje/downloads/incomplete

# Watch a directory for new torrents, and stop those that have been
    # deleted.
    schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load_start=/home/smeerbartje/downloads/torrent/*.torrent
    schedule = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=      ??? what to put here ???

# Session directory
    session = /home/smeerbartje/downloads/session

# Move completed torrents
    on_finished = move_complete,"d.set_directory=/home/smeerbartje/downloads/incomplete/;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,/home/smeerbartje/downloads/complete/"

# Stop torrents when reaching upload ratio in percent,
    # when also reaching total upload in bytes, or when
    # reaching final upload ratio in percent.
    # example: stop at ratio 2.0 with at least 200 MB uploaded, or else ratio 20.0
    schedule = ratio,60,60,"stop_on_ratio=200,200M,2000"

Beans

Re: rTorrent automatic stop/remove/move torrents

Try to change this:
    Code:
    on_finished = move_complete,"d.set_directory=/home/smeerbartje/downloads/incomplete/;execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,/home/smeerbartje/downloads/complete/"
    To this

Code:
    on_finished = move_complete,"execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,/home/smeerbartje/downloads/complete/;d.set_directory=/home/smeerbartj/downloads/complete/"
    I find it very confusing that there are now two pointers to the completed folder, but this works for me.

Anders

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmVarg View Post
    Try to change this:
    Code:
    To this

Code:
    on_finished = move_complete,"execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,/home/smeerbartje/downloads/complete/;d.set_directory=/home/smeerbartj/downloads/complete/"
    I find it very confusing that there are now two pointers to the completed folder, but this works for me.

Anders
    I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work. It receive error messages at the bottom line of rTorrent saying: "Download event action failed: Bad return code.". Can you tell me how to interpretate the on_finished event?

Beans

Dunno if this is still a problem but as I found it via google so I'll respond for future readers.

With rtorrent 0.8.4 and beyond all these commands have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by smeerbartje View Post
    I have installed rTorrent on my 8.04 server; it's working perfect! Now I would like to fine-tune by using the .rtorrent.rc file. What I want is this:

• Scan directory for new .torrent files
    • Download (partial completed) torrents to /home/user/downloads/incomplete
    • Once completed, the data must be moved to /home/user/downloads/complete and keeps seeding until 150%
    • When ratio of 150% is reached, remove torrent from rTorrent

I think this all is possible, but I can't manage to do this. Please have a look at my config file below. The 'watch'-dir. is working perfect. After copying a file into the directory, rTorrents starts downloading. But the automatic moving function does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    # Default directory to save the downloaded torrents.
    directory = /home/smeerbartje/downloads/incomplete

# Watch a directory for new torrents, and stop those that have been
    # deleted.
    schedule = watch_directory,5,5,load_start=/home/smeerbartje/downloads/torrent/*.torrent
    schedule = untied_directory,5,5,stop_untied=      ??? what to put here ???

# Session directory
    session = /home/smeerbartje/downloads/session

# Move completed torrents

# Stop torrents when reaching upload ratio in percent,
    # when also reaching total upload in bytes, or when
    # reaching final upload ratio in percent.
    # example: stop at ratio 2.0 with at least 200 MB uploaded, or else ratio 20.0
    schedule = ratio,60,60,"stop_on_ratio=200,200M,2000"
    #To watch a directory for new torrents:
    schedule = watch_directory,10,10,"load_start=~/pathtotorrents/*.torrent"
    schedule = tied_directory,10,10,start_tied=
    schedule = untied_directory,10,10,close_untied=

#Move files to folder Complete (change to fit)
    system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,move_complete,"execute=mv,-u,$d.get_base_path=,~/Complete;d.set_directory=~/Complete"

Stop on ratio is also changed with 0.8.4. New syntax is these three commands, only 1 is needed for what you want to achieve though:
    #Stop torrents when reaching upload ratio 150 percent
    ratio.enable=
    ratio.min.set=150
    #ratio.max.set=300
    #ratio.upload.set=100M

Hope it helps. You can also pretty easily get rtorrent unpack your files and do other fun stuff. But what I haven't figured out yet is how to delete the rar files when reaching the specified ratio (I unpack everything after download so don't need them).

Beans

I am reallllly struggling with this command

My ultimate goal is to move torrents based upon their tracker, and I am really close, but for some reason I cannot get this command to execute correctly.

Code:
    system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_session,tracker,"d.set_custom2=$execute_capture={script.sh,$d.get_tied_to_file=}"

rtorrent throws this error:

Code:
     Download event action failed: Could not find closing '}'

Beans

Try this:

Code:
    system.method.set_key = event.download.inserted_session,tracker,"d.set_custom2=\"$execute_capture={script.sh,$d.get_tied_to_file=}\""
    Vaio AR590E - 2GHz Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 17" LCD (1920 X 1200), GeForce 8600M GT, Blu-ray RE
    Vaio VGN-A790 - 1.7GHz Cetrino, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 17" LCD (1920 X 1200), Radeon X600, DVD-RW