Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: List the name of women using Ubuntu

Beans

Re: List the name of women using Ubuntu

My name is Christy.

I have been an Ubuntu user for 6 days. I am actually going into the technical writing field. I'm not much of a techy, but I am showing great promise (so a friend of mine has noted). I am impressed to see some very young users on Ubuntu, well they were years ago when they posted. My friend's mom is a 70 yr/old Ubuntu user. Freaks me out... my mom is 57 & never turned on a computer. LOL She has no desire either. To each their own.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

my name is Eszter. go ubuntu women!

Beans

Oh, I'm a woman too, my name's Jessica! Started using Linux (Slack/Gentoo/Debian) about 14 years ago, started using Ubuntu 4 years ago and never looked back. Actually testing Ubuntu+1 QQ and trying to discover as more bugs as I can.

malefika

Beans

One more. I'm Ronja and I started with a Zilog / System 8000 in 1987 (it was a Sys 3, at least sort of, i.e. an earlier version of Sys 5 Unix).

Since then I've used VMS, MS-DOS, a couple of Macintoshes, BSD Unix, Solaris, early Linux, almost all Windows versions (sigh), now Ubuntu for several years, and lately also Debian, CentOS and LinuxMint. There was a time in mid and late 1990's when I worked as a postmaster for an ISP, sometimes editing sendmail.cf - but I would not dare to do that anymore, I've forgotten too much. DNS I think I still could manage to set up, after brushing up my knowledge.

Today I do mostly technical documentation and study related stuff in various Linux environments. I love LaTeX and Docbook, and would not edit their source files with anything but emacs.

I swear by the O'Reilly books.

Looking at the above, you could easily think that I am a really technical person, but end users and how they can get their work/study/whatever tasks done effectively and efficiently is actually much closer to my core interests. But Linux is a fun environment to play in, and I do not intend to grow up - or at least I don't intend to ever stop playing.

Beans

Hiya folks! I'm a female Ubuntu user and I've been loving the distro since Warty Warthog back in 2004-2005. My first experience with Linux were some less than stellar copies of various distros my computer science teacher in high school had. I searched online for other distributions, and eventually came across Ubuntu! There was a period of stagnation wherein I actually didn't use Ubuntu at all, and that saddens me, but I've installed a distro here and there over the years to play around, but now that I'm refocusing on programming, I feel it might be a good idea to do so on a Linux distro, and I can't think of a better one than Ubuntu. <3

Beans

I am a gentleman myself, but I know of at least two ladies who use Ubuntu. They do not have web pages as such, to the best of my knowledge. They also do not seem to care how it technically works but they certainly prefer it to any other operating system.

Beans

I'm female, and I've been using Ubuntu since I was twelve. (Which wasn't that long ago, I'm still in school.) One of my friends (also female, also twelve) got me interested in it.

I've never really thought of Linux as a male only kind of thing, although I do tend to picture middle aged men with beards when I think of Linux users... Bit of a stereotype, I know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

OK, add me.

I'm the IT person in our family. My husband tells me to figure it out and then asks if there is something he wants to know. I left Windows behind back at XP, and switched us to Ubuntu with Hardy Heron (6.04). I've upgraded to all the LTS versions since.

That doesn't mean I'm geeky or anything, hence the quote in my sig. My next learning goal is the command line. Good tutorial, here.
    Last edited by Buntu Bunny; August 30th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Please add my mother in law - 70+ and a recent convert to Ubuntu!

Beans

I'm female and I'm using Linux and BSD for years now.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast