Thread: IRC question: proper channel for Arkansas???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Red face IRC question: proper channel for Arkansas???

When Tony mentioned monitoring the Ubuntu Arkansas channel at a recent CARLUG meeting, I thought maybe I should check it out a little ... HOWEVER I have shockingly little (read: no) experience with IRC. Plus I just discovered that on the LoCo teams page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList the channel is listed as #ubuntu-arkansas and on the TeamArkansas page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamArkansas it's listed as #ubuntu-us-ar ... ! Do they resolve to the same channel, or are they duplicates?

I'm posting this here on the forums and then I'll fire up pidgin or something and see if I can figure out which one is being used.
    Last edited by Tommy; March 6th, 2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added team arkansas url

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: IRC question: proper channel for Arkansas???

OK so I have the name Tommy1 registered with irc.freenode.net (aka irc.ubuntu.com) but when I tried to join the channel ubuntu-arkansas (which apparently did resolve to ubuntu-us-ar) the channel server kicked me off, saying it's an invitation-only channel. Hmmmmmmmm.... lots to figure out....

OK #ubuntu-us-ar let me in and it says there are other folks in the "room."
    Last edited by Tommy; March 6th, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: IRC question: proper channel for Arkansas???

I just updated the LoCo Teams page with the correct IRC and forum link

Beans

Re: IRC question: proper channel for Arkansas???

You can chat on the IRC channel using your web browser by going to the following website: Mibbit IRC