Thread: youtube framerate issues.....

Beans

youtube framerate issues.....

i am currently using ubuntu 10.10 32 bit. i recently started to have a problem streaming vids on my computer. at first i would go to youtube watch a vid and go to next one and i would be greeted with a message saying adobe flash player had crashed. i would reload the page and the video would play fine, but would run into the same problem when i want to watch another.
    Now i no longer have that problem, but i have frame-rate issues. this only gets weirder becus after i clear my history the video runs fine. after i watch one vid i would go to the next and it would run at a sluggish frame rate. so i would then have to clear history again and reload firefox jus to watch the video, but have then have to repeat the process of clearing my history and reloading firefox.
    My specs for my computer are emachines model w3609, intel celeron d, 4 gb ram (only uses 3.2), and no video card yet jus the standard chipset 945G Express. i dont know if this is reason it is running slow or not, but i really don't think so becus i did not have this problem until last week. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Beans

Re: youtube framerate issues.....

also not all videos are subject to this....some videos would run smooth some sluggish.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Please see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...698956&page=11, the last page of an ongoing discussion about flash, youtube and graphics cards/devices.

Good luck uniqueone-85.

Beans

thank you michael that was a BIG help!!!!!