Thread: Organizing mp3 onto player

Beans

Question Organizing mp3 onto player

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes.
    I bought one of those 16GB no name mp3 players off e-bay for like $26 (believe it or not it actually works really well and has all 16GB). The thing is, it is a drag and drop player. It came with limited software that doesn't work on Ubuntu (at least I couldn't get it to work). It has Win98 drivers.

I am able to put music on it, but it's all unorganized and seeks it's own order. Actually, no it's too organized, all the "1's" are together, all the "2's" are together, etc., etc...I like having all my music organized by artist, not by track number. I'd rather not have to rename all 500 songs just so that they line up right. LOL

Is there any software that will organize my music so that I can still drag it and drop it into the player and it will stay that way?

I tried Amarak, maybe I did something wrong, but not only did it not stay in the playlists that I made, but it actually took out the original mp3 files off my computer and put them on the mp3 player. I tried taking them back off, lost some, some wouldn't work anymore, long story short I lost about 70+/- songs. Just wave good-bye, they're gone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    And sorry this is so long...

Beans

Re: Organizing mp3 onto player

Could audacity do this. Or perhaps amarok, maybe I just wasn't doing it right? Any other suggestions?

Beans

Can anyone help me? I am very lost in this area, and would love to get this working right.
    Thank you.

Beans

Bump?

Beans

projectbronco,

I doubt you're still monitoring this thread or looking for a solution. But just in case, you should check out EasyTag. It can rename your files as you desire, assuming you have artist id3 tags.

Beans

Thanks PGScooter, I'll check it out.
    You're right, I haven't been monitoring this thread for a while, but I'm glad I decided to check my old threads today.