Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The Pirate Bay!! Trial is over... thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: The Pirate Bay!! Trial is over... thoughts?

artist make the majority of their profits from concerts and stuff. label keeps most of the record sales. all that really does is help the artist popularity. i hope the pirate bay stays up, people are importing drugs but they want to trip on people "stealing" media content. most people who pirate stuff wouldn't even consider buying it if they couldn't download for free, so they aren't missing as much as they think. ha i think music should be free, artist should make music because they like it, not because they think they can be a millionaire in a week.
    laptop = pentium dc @ 1.6 ghz w/ 2 gigs ram

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

but a search on google will find other things than torrents

TBP only searches torrents that would mostly be illegal.

so i guess if you got to that hotel to find a drug dealer you would find one where as you may not walking down a street.
    If Windows did not break, i would be out of a job...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by nathang1392 View Post
    artist make the majority of their profits from concerts and stuff.
    It really depends on the artist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I think this a whole load of crap...Everyone pirates things, who cares about a torrent search called, 'the pirate bay'. Man, it seems like the people who are suing or whatever are using the name as evidence, which you can't do. why don't they smack down on Google, they provide torrent searches too, just not directly. I could have the name, 'Most Mean Prostitute Who Rapes People' and even if I did, the police or whatever couldn't use my name as evidence against me.

Just my 2 cents
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans

The Pirate Bay also hosts many legal downloads as well and most software is only trial-ware with viruses. but the linux section hosts a lot of good software. they only do a public service if the public did not put up the torrents their would be no Pirate bay.
    The Dyslexic Moron. user 448495 running Arch Linux 64bt
    AMD 6000x2 64bit, Asus motherboard, 8Gb Ram,Nvidia 8500 1gb unboard ram graphics card, Plextor PX760, EPSON R300, Sata 250 gb+Sata 500gb + 2 x 500 usb Hardrives,

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Aww yeah!
    I heard that somewhere, 'Ubuntu' is a word in the African language, that means 'prosperity, good-fortune, etc.' Nice job Linux

Beans

Thumbs down Re: The Pirate Bay!! Trial is over... thoughts?

More salt to the wounds.

http://arstechnica.com/media/news/20...rage-folks.ars

I bet the record companies are not ready to believe that modern music-culinarists would like to enjoy an album as a whole, and frankly, as I've downloaded some albums by the "hit single", I am damn glad I didn't have to buy the whole album before realizing that the "hit single" is the only good song in the album. And if I'd only buy what I can find (and mostly by a cover since you can't pre-view the album everywhere) I would've missed out on a whole bunch of good music that are not sold in my country "because there is no marketing potential". Well, let me say, that I never liked the Flo Rida's raping of spin me round, and I have not yet met a person who would "dig" it. Still it seems to do too well on charts, that I've recently learned to loathe because the music now days seem so emotionless and boring (well, the same thing actually). However, I can compile 3 week playlist of good music that the rediofreaks have never heard of. So, why do I copy? Because I like my music good with emotion, not by produced by TI, or whatever, to get a penny. And as a musican, I wouldn't mind my music being copied as long as it would increase my amount of concerts.

PS. It is not unheard of that the big labels by vast amounts of their just released album to manipulate the charts; it is a common way of thinking that people like what is said to be "hot".

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526