Thread: No more "uninstaller" in Wine 1.1.16

Beans

Unhappy No more "uninstaller" in Wine 1.1.16

Hi I just upgrade to the new wine 1.1.16 and theres no uninstaller option anymore, when I go to menu, then Uninstall Program, I get an error saying that cannot be found, I tried typing "uninstaller" in terminal and got the same error that it is not installed and I can run apt get wine to get it, I run that and it tells me that I already have the latest wine available

Anyone with the same problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: No more "uninstaller" in Wine 1.1.16

Try typing "wine uninstaller" in a terminal.

The same issue is present here too, but "wine uninstaller" works from terminal.

Beans

Yes you are right running wine uninstaller works from terminal, I just edit the menu in applications, and change the command from: uninstaller to wine uninstaller, now I can launch it from the menu too

Beans

I'll fix this in the next package. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Why would you need to run wine uninstaller? It's like a parachute on a submarine, does not do anything. Just for your feeling of security.

Beans

Thanks Yokozar! I thought that it was something wrong with Wine and I was going crazy!! hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by alex.rayu View Post
    Why would you need to run wine uninstaller? It's like a parachute on a submarine, does not do anything. Just for your feeling of security.
    Alex, I know its a hit and mis with the uninstaller, it just works with some programs and the other you have to delete the .wine folder to remove them and then take care of the menu entries manually, good thing Wine its getting better and better, I hope soon we will be able to run almost anything in ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alex.rayu View Post
    Wine uninstaller works fine except for the menu entries (which, admittedly, are the most visible things). The actual program will still be uninstalled, however - just like if you went to add/remove programs in windows.