Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads-up regarding PulseAudio in Jaunty

Beans

Re: Heads-up regarding PulseAudio in Jaunty

I have no idea why it doesnt work for me on 64bit Jaunty. I tried flash from the repos and tried dl the 64bit version from adobe.com and none have worked.

Beans

My log file fills up with "snd_pcm_avail_update() returned a value that is exceptionally large" messages too. 32-bit Jaunty, latest updates applied, no git pulse though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The latest update seems to have fixed something?

the playback volume bar now follows the music when using simultaneous output.

My usb headset is not scratchy if pavucontrol is open??? Sounds fine as long as I keep pavucontrol open, even minimized but as soon as i close it the usb gets scratchy within a minute. The second i open pavucontrol it stops. This happens with the stream directed to usb or simultaneous.

usb volume still cuts out completly at 54% (alsa regression?).

I still can't move the system sounds. Is this a bug or a feature?

I don't know if i have the time or inclination to file all the bug reports...
    PMs will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by taavikko View Post
    Whole log-file is flooded with these, Probably the "fix-committed"
    in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/330814
    Should solve this issue?
    (The Linux fix) is an experimental one. I've lessened the verboseness of the logging for that error since we already know the root cause.

The syslog DoS is fixed in 0.9.14-0ubuntu12.

Beans

crimsun - for sure it's me being brainless as usual, but I just want to check that there's no reason your end for this (error message after I add your ppa in Software Sources):

Code:
    Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/crimsun/ppa/ubuntu/dists/jaunty/Release  Unable to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    Any suggestions as to something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
    Ian

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ianc View Post
    Any suggestions as to something obvious I'm doing wrong?
    There's currently nothing in my PPA, because what was in it (pulseaudio_0.9.14-0ubuntu12~crimsun1) has been superceded by what's currently in jaunty (pulseaudio_0.9.14-0ubuntu12).

I track changes very closely and tend to delete binary packages from my PPA as soon as the source package upload in jaunty has been accepted by soyuz.

Beans

That would of course explain a lot - although unfortunately not the audio problems I'm having at the moment! I'll have to find another way to try to fix those...

Thanks
    Ian

Beans

What about cpu usage with pulse audio. Just listening music with rhythmbox eats me 10 to 15% of cpu. I remenber in gutsy reaching the maximum limit of 4% when i was listening to music..Is it normal?

Beans

I have maybe over exaggerated about cpu usage i think 8 to 12% will be more accurate but it s still double than what i had before..Is it because i stream my music over an other device?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Taiebot65 View Post
    I have maybe over exaggerated about cpu usage i think 8 to 12% will be more accurate but it s still double than what i had before..Is it because i stream my music over an other device?
    Streaming over a network is known to cause high cpu utilisation, yes.

You could try experimenting with the resampling algorithm (see /etc/pulse/daemon.conf).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast