Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Script converting APE + CUE to splitted FLACs

Beans

Re: Script converting APE + CUE to splitted FLACs

Thanks for the script, very helpful. Note that it doesn't seem to work with filenames containing spaces.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

anyone find a good gui cue splitter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hola. Useful script.

What can you tell me about this Eudoxos repository you recommend? I don't know anything about it. It's on Launchpad so it's probably safe, but I'd like to know more nonetheless.

Also, do they have a key so I can secure the repository?

I notice that you are using cuebreakpoints in your script. I don't believe that is necessary any longer. Have a look at my post on splitting and tagging FLAC files:

http://www.soundunreason.com/InkWell/?p=980

This method (sans cuebreakpoints) seems to work perfectly for me.

I intend to write a post for APE files once I find a key and get some other small things sorted out.

Beans

First of all, thanks for your feedback, I thought this script wasn't being used at all!

I really don't know anything about that repository, except that it works. It doesn't need a key, I have just installed this script in my system (8.04) and it didn't ask for a key, so... If you don't trust it, you can install the deb file from here:
    http://aidanjm.wordpress.com/2007/01...les-in-ubuntu/
    I didn't post this URL because I don't know if mac will stay there forever, that's why I said "look for it in Google", or something, but it's still there, I will edit my first post.
    I'll give a try to your version without cuebreakpoints, and if it works I will change apecue2flac, although it works perfectly right now.
    Thank you very much again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ok, I threw together an APE specific post:

http://www.soundunreason.com/InkWell/?p=1282

Let me know if you see any troubles.

I did run into an APE file that when I try to split it, my entire system freezes (can't even ping or ssh into it). Damn. I'll have to try re-downloading it unless you happen to have any input on that one.

Beans

I found an encoder that worked for me

I used
    the monkey audio tool with wine
    http://www.monkeysaudio.com/

to decompress to wav

then loaded the cue+wav into this encoder
    http://www.mediacoderhq.com/audio/

it split the wav perfectly into individual flac

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: Script converting APE + CUE to splitted FLACs

Thanks all for all your posts. I wanted to do the same thing, and this thread helped me to actually write my own sript .

I used many ideas from previous posts, but my script is rather simpler, in the sense that it assumes you have everything you need. It also does not use the MAC (Monkey's Audio Codec); instead of adding an 'unknown' repo, I decided to 'go the long way' and convert the .ape to .flac before splitting, using soundconverter.

I post next my own sript, for it might be of use to those that (like me) try to avoid adding 'unknown' repos.

FIRST: make sure you have soundconverter, shntool & cuetools packages installed.

NOTE: in honor to previous posts, I also named it apecue2flac .

Here's the script:
    Code:
    #
    # SCRIPT TO SPLIT A .ape FILE INTO .flac TRACKS USING .cue FILES
    # Usage: apecue2flac APEfile.ape CUEfile.cue\n"
    #
    echo -e "SCRIPT TO SPLIT A .ape FILE INTO .flac TRACKS USING .ape.cue FILES\n"
    echo -e "Usage: apecue2flac APEfile.ape CUEfile.cue\n"
    #
    echo "About to convert .ape into .flac ..."
    soundconverter -b -m audio/x-flac -s .ape.flac "$1"
    echo "About to split .flac into .flac tracks ..."
    shnsplit -o flac -f "$2" -t "%n - %t" "$1.flac"
    echo "Renaming spurious .flac files ..."
    mv "$1.flac" "$1.flac.remove"
    mv '00 - pregap.flac' '00 - pregap.flac.remove'
    echo "Tagging flac files using .cue file ..."
    cuetag "$2" *flac
    echo "Cleaning up..."
    rm *remove
    Cheers to all!

*Footnote: I encourage everyone to try to avoid using windows tools with wine before looking for a way to do things in Ubuntu (or any distro)... I mean, we are working with Linux for a reason, right? hehe .

Beans

Thanks a bunch txust for the script. It worked well. I whish I had come here first, instead of spending 3 hours elsewhere without getting my file converted. It would be great if you could add a little more detailed advice to your first post for newbies (the instruction is pretty good already), so that using the script would be even more easy for them (hint: ask someone who's not computer savy to use your instruction under your observation to see what's difficult and what's not).

Thanks again

Beans

There are people (like me, with an amd64) that can't find any version of MAC that successfully works well in ubuntu.

Well there is a workaround... I found myself that wine works perfectly well (at least for me) with the proprietary executable on the Monkey's Audio Codec's official web. Converting it to wav and then reconverting is a ugly solution, but hey, it finally Worked For Me(TM)

To all those users that keep using the ape format: please please PLEASE Stop using it. Thanks
    I try to get rid of it as quickly as I can, but to do so I need to convert first xD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you txust, this is a really useful script! Your work is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by marius_siuram View Post
    To all those users that keep using the ape format: please please PLEASE Stop using it. Thanks
    Definitely this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast