Thread: How to play qvod stream?

Beans

How to play qvod stream?

Hi.
    In asia (china) a p2p stream technique is
    used to stream movies, 'qvod'.
    The player that www.qvod.com have is a plugin for
    MSIE
    Does anyone had success to play these streams in Ubuntu?
    examples: www.1000ys.com, www.tom365.com

One possibility is maybe to use IE4Linux, but i didn't success, (probably IE also need MS media player,
    but i don't know how to start multiple programs in Wine)

//Nisse

Beans

Wink Re: How to play qvod stream?

Quote Originally Posted by nisse9 View Post
    Hi.
    In asia (china) a p2p stream technique is
    used to stream movies, 'qvod'.
    The player that www.qvod.com have is a plugin for
    MSIE
    Does anyone had success to play these streams in Ubuntu?
    examples: www.1000ys.com, www.tom365.com

One possibility is maybe to use IE4Linux, but i didn't success, (probably IE also need MS media player,
    but i don't know how to start multiple programs in Wine)

//Nisse

http://www.ray365.com So good!QVOD site is in English
    Do not Tom365 download,A virus,,,

Beans

Re: How to play qvod stream?

You may want to look at an app called VLC Media Player(VideoLAN). It is very powerful as a player but has far more capability beyond the player function. It also functions as a streaming server and a recoder/encoder for most video and audio formats. It is available in many Linux flavors including Ubuntu. VLC is also open source.

www.videolan.org

VLC will probably do the trick, I cannot say it will with 100% certainty as I have not loaded it on a Linux box yet, I do use it extensively on all my MS systems and love it. If you do try it, please let me know how it worked out.

Beans

VLC won"t work, you should look at the websites mentionned earlier, when you click on the movie, it basically needs the player to download, the player actually download the movie.
    so it requires Qvod and i havent found the trick to get it work either. maybe with wine and needs IE.There is also a trick to get the website to work properly with firefox!
    if anybody use it, it's great, let us know the trick!

Beans

VLC won"t work, you should look at the websites mentionned earlier, when you click on the movie, it basically needs the player to download, the player actually download the movie.
    so it requires Qvod and i havent found the trick to get it work either. maybe with wine and needs IE.There is also a trick to get the website to work properly with firefox!

Beans