View Poll Results: What do you think of gnome coming built in with certain apps?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love that gnome comes with CD-Creator I actually use it.

29 53.70%
  • I am glad that gnome comes with a CD-Creator I don't use it it though.

7 12.96%
  • I'm ok with gnome coming with CD-Creator as optional install.

4 7.41%
  • I wish they would leave this and other built in stuff to third party gnome programs such as Brasero

14 25.93%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the CD creator in gnome?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: What do you think of the CD creator in gnome?

I tend to use the built-in CD creator off-and-on, though I like Graveman and Brasero more (the built-in burning app tends to crash under some circumstances.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I love it. I just wish that it would give a button to clear the files burned vs having to select and delete when doing a new CD/DVD right after that. So a few tweeks... and I'll be MORE than happy with the burning I do for data / iso files...

As for Gnome Baker and Brasero... I hate the interface... but does feel a lot like other systems I have used... KbIII (i think) was best, but I am a Gnome convert now and hate the new KDE even more than the previous. I try to stay away from QT apps. But, the interface is too wide or something on my 1024x768 display, but besides that....

Gnome Baker and Brasero both fail me frequently on burning for some reason or another.

BUT that said, I am sure there are reasons to use those apps -- if nothing more than personal choice...

Finally, if the Gnome CD burner was an add-in, I'd add it immediately. If I had option of removal.. I wouldn't.

--- on the light side of things... would love to see Gnome Light that targeted low end machines... for now LXDE is my choice... but I miss some of the integration of apps such as burner and updates etc...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I just read some of the posts that say Nautilus CD Burner is going away... how do we keep it in? The poll shows so far that majority like it. That is a poor choice....

AT LEAST... LET ME HAVE OPTION OF INSTALLING IT ASAP!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Never used Brasero. I just use k3b.

Oh, and bravo to the poster who got a linux serial for Nero. All Linux users should do that, and then maybe Nero will start packaging their Linux version with a new burner.
    What do tone deaf singers, floppy drive music, and an old woman dreaming about mashed rodents have in common? They're all on my blog! CHECK IT OUT

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by arm-c View Post
    I just read some of the posts that say Nautilus CD Burner is going away... how do we keep it in? The poll shows so far that majority like it. That is a poor choice....

AT LEAST... LET ME HAVE OPTION OF INSTALLING IT ASAP!!!!
    im not sure you can, as future gnome releases wont have it and im sure its not going to be maintained anymore.
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The Gnome cd dvd creator is really nice ..........at sucking.

Ruined my cd's a couple of times.

Beans

The only worthwhile cd burning software I have found on linux is K3B irrespective of whether you use gnome, kde, openbox or whatever.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    The only worthwhile cd burning software I have found on linux is K3B irrespective of whether you use gnome, kde, openbox or whatever.
    Funny you should say that, Hardy was the last Ubuntu release that recognised the recording speed presets of all my CD/DVD burners. Since Intrepid I only get a choice of maximum or the highest speed at which the hardware will burn, both of which are coincidentally the same.

K3b, Brasero, Gnomebaker, Graveman, Xcdroast and the aforementioned inbuilt Nautilus software all do this. To this day I have not figured out what changed between Hardy and Intrepid to cause me these problems.

Even the Linux version of Nero does this for heavens sake, it just baffles me. I think I'm missing something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

i use it. i use kb3 otherwise for bigger projects such as burning anything else than a iso or copying stuff. or sometimes i use brazero. depends on which installation i am on.
    i do not use kb3 on some of my computers since it drags in a lot of the kde stuff i really do not like that much unless i got lost of space on the hd. then i use some native gnome application.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Beans

Are you talking about Brasero?

That one is pretty damn good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast