Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macchiato Wallpaper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Macchiato Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by sMash! View Post
    yes, a lot of people have a hard time believing me when i say i "have some really nice brown themes"...until i show them my setups (incl. of course, your theme). but then, they also don't get my absolute distaste of the OS from Redmond's insistence on glaringly brite shades of blue as default.
    Let me tell you, if I had WIndows XP instead of Windows Vista, I'd be trying to make a Visual Style out of Macchiato for use in Windows. I don't know if it's possible to make Visual Styles for Vista. Is it? If it is, then hell, I should get to work!

Therion is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by sMash! View Post

... but then, they also don't get my absolute distaste of the OS from Redmond's insistence on glaringly brite shades of blue as default.
    I've used Ubuntu's brownish "Human" theme for so long now, every time I come to work and see XP on my computer this is all I can think of.

(Reference may be lost on those outside the U.S.)

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    For my theme to work, you need to be running the newest SVN version of the Murrine theme engine, which can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~suraia/+archive/ppa

Just click on gtk2-engines-murrine - 0.60.1+svn143~intrepid and download the .deb file that is right for you. Install it.

Then go to System > Preferences > Appearance. Then drag the .tar.gz file into the Appearance Settings window and it should automatically install.
    Thanks .

I'll give it a go tommorrow .
    Why not visit my blog.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Let me tell you, if I had WIndows XP instead of Windows Vista, I'd be trying to make a Visual Style out of Macchiato for use in Windows. I don't know if it's possible to make Visual Styles for Vista. Is it? If it is, then hell, I should get to work!
    it is possible, and, granted, there are some really nice ones out there. but judging just from the complexity of installing and getting the themes to work (you're not just dropping a folder in /themes anymore, you're playing with .dlls...ohnoes!!!) it must be shear murder to design them. honestly though i've gone over to the cleaner and minimal side of things lately after the wow-factor of Wista wore off....and haven't fired up my HP/Vista box since i got *buntu running on my old Toshiba standby laptop. ^_^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    I've used Ubuntu's brownish "Human" theme for so long now, every time I come to work and see XP on my computer this is all I can think of.

(Reference may be lost on those outside the U.S.)
    thats to funny LOL
    *BUNTU addict
    Ubuntunerd's Blog
    Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
    Unanswered posts Team
    How to mark your Threads as Solved
    download "Opera" a fast and secure browser

Beans

great job there

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thank you! I created Macchiato to show that brown can still be a nice color for an operating system as long as it's done with the correct shades of brown.
    Ubuntu's orange brown doesn't do to well. The deeper, grayer browns (like coffee) are the ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123