Thread: kvm virtual network

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

kvm virtual network

How/where can I define a virtual network for KVM? When I try to create VMs through virt-manager, the virtual network list is empty.

EDIT: figured it out ... you have to run virt-manager through sudo and it will allow you to create virtual networks
    Last edited by slavik; February 28th, 2009 at 03:41 AM.
    I am infallible, you should know that by now.
    "My favorite language is call STAR. It's extremely concise. It has exactly one verb '*', which does exactly what I want at the moment." --Larry Wall
    (02:15:31 PM) ***TimToady and snake oil go way back...
    42 lines of Perl - SHI - Home Site

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: kvm virtual network

+1 KVM

Yes, IMO that is an issue I have with virtmanager, some features are only available if you are running as root.

The other options are to use NAT or manually configure the host to act a a router, both of which take a little more effort.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Re: kvm virtual network

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    +1 KVM

Yes, IMO that is an issue I have with virtmanager, some features are only available if you are running as root.

The other options are to use NAT or manually configure the host to act a a router, both of which take a little more effort.
    It should be enough to be in the libvirtd group. Can you try adding yourself to the group, logging back in and see if that fixes it?

Rick