I can have an animated avatar...
    Braggart....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Avatar won't upload

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, avatars are part of the message, as they are displayed along with your message. I wouln't be surprised if the mods and admins feel the same.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they felt the same, either. If that's the case (which I'm sure it is) then there's nothing that can be done. Rules are rules, and if I don't like them I can always put an egg in my shoe and beat it, so to speak.

As for avatars being part of a message...I can see that, but I can also see that people have the option to disable images in their browser. Just because a person is squeamish at the sight of blood does not mean the Web (or even just the places they visit) should be scoured clean of such images.

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    Just because I am the only one that expressed my views in this area does not mean that others hold the same or similar views. Some people get sick at the sight of blood, realistic or not. We need to try to keep all views in mind when it comes to the content of our posts, sigs, and avatars.
    I have no doubts that others hold same/similar views. Some people do get sick at even the suggestion of blood; I understand that. But when you say we need to try to keep all views in mind in regards to the content of our posts, sigs, and avatars, what you're really saying is that we need to keep your view in mind. Otherwise, what about those who are of the view that such an avatar is OK? By banning it, have we kept their view in mind?

Sure, small minorities of people wouldn't mind some truly gross stuff on these forums, and no I don't think they should be able to have whatever they want. There does have to be a line; I'm not questioning that.

All I'm questioning is where it's been drawn.

But these are standard issues in any forum, not just this one. Any time few lay guidelines for many, somebody is going to have their toes stepped on. It's the nature of the beast.

Anyway...thanks for the sparring. That's the best part of these forums.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by solwic; March 5th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Avatar won't upload

Quote Originally Posted by Joeb454 View Post
    I can have an animated avatar...
    ..just because you're so high and mighty and have the 'elite mod status'...

Quote Originally Posted by jrock612 View Post
    [...]

Anyway...thanks for the sparring. That's the best part of these forums.
    No problem. We all have our own views, many of which may differ. Such arguments are healthy, so long as all sides play fair.

Anyways, as this appears solved, I'll leave it alone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jrock612 View Post
    Have a great day!
    ditto.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123