Thread: Has anyone seen Southland Tales?

Beans
    Hidden!

Has anyone seen Southland Tales?

What did I just watch? Seriously. I don't really understand much about it, but for some reason I want to watch it again, like right now.

I cannot brain any more. I feel the same way I felt after watching Revolver (a Guy Ritchie film that was more metaphor than plot, and I have no clue where one starts and the other ends). This time, though, I did feel like I got my money's worth and then some.

Anyone have any insight into this movie? I could use some.

Beans

Re: Has anyone seen Southland Tales?

Cheesy, yet enjoyable? Odd movie, but I enjoyed it none the less. Revolver was pretty good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans

Was cool, but the politics came through a bit strongly and the movie felt a bit rushed.
    Would probably have been better received if the Graphic Novel had gotten off the ground. Enjoyable anyway...

Beans

I LOVE The Southland Tales definitely in my top 5 favorite movies ever.
    The #1 being The Fountain http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/ .

I watch a lot of movies that are similar to that. What didn't you get about it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Why is this here? Yeah the Fountain was cool, not Darren A's best. Have you seen the 3 ages or whatever it is called? It is a Buster Keeton movie. It is supposedly and obviously based on it.

If you thought Revolver was crazy you better go back to watching MTV.
    Try reading some books some time.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

To be completely fair. When i was watching it. I was home sick from school playing Crysis *grin*.

However...It was so bizarre that I stopped playing on more than 1 occasion just to watch. The story was just so damn obsfucated, Some parts were interesting, funny. etc. (Buffy being a tv reporter for the modern young adult or whatever. Lol at that).

I was shocked mostly by the amount of popular (or atleast well known) actors in the movie. But nothing seemed to make sense, or the plot jumped aroudn so much that between playing and watching I hardly made sense of it. I have been planning to givfe it another watch and give my full attention to it though. So we'll see.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by booshire View Post
    If you thought Revolver was crazy you better go back to watching MTV.
    Try reading some books some time.
    LOL, ok. I hate MTV. I read frequently. I have a genius level IQ. But thanks for assuming that I need to educate myself. I'm not the only one who thought Revolver was weird. In fact, the people who claim to fully understand it come away with entirely different interpretations. Go check out movie message boards.