Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are these issues solved with 9.04?

Beans

Re: Are these issues solved with 9.04?

Quote Originally Posted by klc5555 View Post
    But the question arises: if your DVR box ran right and archived right with Mythbuntu 7.x and Mythtv 0.20.2, why not continue to run Mythbuntu 7.x and Mythtv 0.20.2 on that machine? I had to move to Mythtv 0.21 (and its attendant problems) because of storage group support. But otherwise my master backend machine runs Mythbuntu 7.10, and since the mobo can't seem to handle the sound changes in 8.x, it will continue to run Mythbuntu 7.10 until the day it dies (or until I need to convert it to ...um ..."MythSlack".)

Just my $.02

Cheers!
    Thanks to a friend on another forum, I got my hands on a 7.10 iso, and have installed that as of yesterday. So far, so good. No sound issues, guide works, I will test the DVD burning once I have a few programs to put on a disc.

I suppose the lesson I have learned from all of this is that I shouldn't bother upgrading anything until I HAVE to. I just find it annoying to the extreme that an 'improvement' is quite worse than what it was intended to replace. If I wanted that, I could use Vista!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    The guy is complaining about having to lift a finger to get features he wants. He doesn't want to patch things, he just wants everything he wants out of the box. This thread isn't even asking for help, it's asking when someone is going to give him what he wants.

This isn't a commercial product. If you want support, ask for it and be willing to do a little work. Don't just complain that things don't automatically work. Or just get a TiVo.
    Actually, smarty-pants, I was complaining about things that STOPPED working after I did something called an UPGRADE. Perhaps a review of the word upgrade in a dictionary would be of use.

Having stepped off my soapbox, I did try several fixes that I found here and on other forums, to no avail. Hence the 'it no workie!!!' whinging.

Beans

A critical rule of MythTV seems to be: Don't upgrade unless you absolutely have to. You'll read this over and over again, for precisely the reason you experienced.

There are a lot of parts to the system. The odds of one of those parts being upgraded in a way that is upsetting to you is significant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12