Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: HowTo: Install the very latest MPlayer under Jaunty Jackalope

Beans

Re: HowTo: Install the very latest MPlayer under Jaunty Jackalope

on 64bit systems but I believe that these systems require another set of codecs that can be downloaded here
    Just a little aside on those codecs linked
    There are only 3 .so's in the pack, all I believe related to real audio or video

There is an additional 6 .so's available but only in the mplayer-extras-codecs......x86_64.rpm

Again I believe they're all ra and rm related, as to their value I don't know.

If desired, with the package 'rpm' installed they can be dl'ed and extracted with archive manager
    screen shows the add. .so's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rpm64.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	111064  

Beans

mc4man Im on x64. Have a look through the thread history for discussion.

Basically, you dont need any binary codecs for x64. FFMPEG has cook in it, which works and has recently gotten updates in the ffmpeg SVN if you look at the changelog. Mplayer pulls in many ffmpeg libraries as a static lib during the build process.

Only thing thats really missing is WMA Pro decoder support but I provide a way to compile the google summer of code ffmpeg/mplayer patches to do this with.
    He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.

Beans

Basically, you dont need any binary codecs for x64
    I would absolutely agree, was just commenting on the part of the how to that mentioned adding them (I always considered them somewhat worthless

Only thing thats really missing is WMA Pro decoder support
    Yeah I've done that thanks to your post mentioning the patch, works very well.

(solely commenting on the patch in 8.10)

- about 10 days ago I built some users a patched mplayer debian package set and the build sailed thru, mplayer built, installed and works fine, both here and for the 2 people i was building for

Then several days ago tried again with a build geared more for myself and kept encountering an error(s) during the compile with wma3dec.o.(wma3dec.c

The basis for the errors was the lack of a bitstream.h (basically nowhere to be found

From wma3dec.c in wmapro
    #include "avcodec.h"
    #include "bitstream.h"
    #include "wma3.h"
    #undef NDEBUG
    #include <assert.h>
    While of no probable value also tried patching ffmpeg itself, both a svn, a couple of -r's and using the checkout.sh contained in the wmapro folder.
    Exact same build failure

A workaround is shown here, both mplayer and ffmpeg compile with the patch and perform as expected, any comments, or other solutions would be welcome

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...98#post7123598

(noting I haven't retried since then with later versions than shown

I do think it would be nice if wmal is someday included

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, I don't ask for help that often.

I am tracking via svn ffmpeg and mplayer. Using this guide as my start I ./configure make and sudo make install awhile back and mplayer (but not smplayer) works well and acesses ffmpeg. This is the best I have ever seen mplayer on any of my machines. I will never go back to the stock version. This with a 64 bit processor and onboard intel GPU

I am not able to "make" either ffmpeg or mplayer for the updates.

Consistently for over a week of trying I get for a borked make

No rule to make target `libavcodec/bitstream.h', needed by `libavformat/mpegtsenc.o'. Stop. this is for both ffmpeg and mplayer.

I have in /usr/local/lib/codec the all-20071007 and essential-amd-20071007 and no others

bitstream.h is located in /usr/local/gpac/bitstream.h

Any help would be appreciated, peace, mark

at the end.

I compile ffmpeg with --enable-gpl and --enable-nonfree

I have googled a bit but not luck.

Beans

Did you uninstall FFmpeg and MPlayer, make distclean, and then update? The following guide has a section dedicated to updating your SVN FFmpeg installation:

HOWTO: Install and use the latest FFmpeg and x264

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

make distclean was my missing step. Thanks. I haven't compiled much since I gave Mandrake-driva the boot.

I didn't have a problem not having mplayer listed in apt , but I am impressed with checkinstall. Thanks much mark

Beans

Hi,

Perhaps some who have used this guide might be interested in a new guide I have posted to the forums:

Top 10 Tricks and Tips for the svn MPlayer
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1154431

All the best,

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Hi,

Wooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!!

Re: Tutorial of the Week
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=52

Andrew

Beans

I have some folders in my home directory and I was wondering if it was safe to erase them or if they are actually the installed directories for mplayer. /all-20071007/ /x264/ /live/

Beans

Hi Dakanya,

Quote Originally Posted by Dakanya View Post
    I have some folders in my home directory and I was wondering if it was safe to erase them or if they are actually the installed directories for mplayer. /all-20071007/ /x264/ /live/
    If you have followed the guide to the letter and installed all of these the folders and their contents can then safely be deleted. You may wish to keep the x264 folder however as this can be updated at any time by issuing the command:

Code:
    git pull
    from the folder and re-compiling as demonstrated in the guide. This will keep you up to date with x264 development; mind you this library is used only for encoding, if you are only interested in playback I would not worry too much about updating at all.

In fact if the karmic koala version of this guide takes off I suspect that x264 and MEncoder may not even be included, FFmpeg in my mind is a much superior encoder / transcoder and I suspect most are using this guide for playback with MPlayer itself.

All the best,

Andrew
    Last edited by andrew.46; May 16th, 2009 at 08:31 AM.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast