Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLI status message annoyance

Angry Re: CLI status message annoyance

I've been tweaking this for a couple days now, and so far I've managed to cut out quite a few messages. There's still a couple of messages I'm getting including some from anacron, but there's just this one that continues to be a royal pestilence, a plague of monstrous proportion and is becoming the bane of my very existence. You may think I'm blowing this out of proportion, but I guarantee you, gentlemen, I am not.

The anacron daemon, which I haven't really tried to fix yet, is not the cause of my grief as it only occurs when I stop / start external power. I know when that's going to happen, I know what's responsible for it and it's not bothering me much; I will deal with it later.

Rather, the alert about 'noise floor calibration' on my 802.11 interface, which I mentioned briefly before, is a cosmic PITA. I am at wit's end with this guy. Here's a sample:

Code:
    [32258.160519] ath5k phy0: noise floor calibration timeoout (2412 MHz)
    This bugger pops up quite frequently (over 9000 times) to say 'hi, I know you're working, but I was feeling kind of lonely...' 'hi, I know you're working, but I was feeling kind of lonely...' 'hey, how come you never return my calls?'.

I'm not sure which process is creating this message; I don't think it's printk; since I edited that setting, I haven't been recieving scores of messages about USB and some others, but then again, I don't know that much about it. If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic. I'm just not sure where to look for solutions.

Beans

Re: CLI status message annoyance

Maybe the comments for this bug report will help you get rid of the problem instead of just the message.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...27/+bug/275423

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12