Thread: Wireless and Wired networks unable to connect

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

[resolved] Wireless and Wired networks unable to connect

I got home today and turned on my computer only to find that it was having great difficulty connecting to my wireless network (with WPA Personal security enabled). When the dialog box popped up asking for me to manually enter my password, it was several hundred characters of gibberish! So I reentered my password, and once again it couldn't connect and presented my password as a few hundred characters of gibberish. Needless to say, I was unable to connect.

I then settled for plugging into first my router and then my modem directly, and the wired network couldn't connect either. So I booted up my Windows partition to hop on and ask for help.

I haven't made any changes recently to anything wireless-related (upgraded to Intrepid about two weeks ago without issue, upgrade without clean install), and was able to connect just fine at school this morning. No network issues whatsoever over the past few weeks. Can anyone help?

And it looks like this was a false-alarm... an hour and three reboots later, I connected right away as if nothing were ever wrong.

*smacks computer*
    Last edited by Jackelope King; February 24th, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: resolved

Beans

Re: Wireless and Wired networks unable to connect

The replacing your password with gibberish is normal. It shows the MD5 (or something similar) of your password.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wireless and Wired networks unable to connect

Well, I'm glad things aren't completely fubared, then.

And it looks like this was a false-alarm... an hour and three reboots later, I connected right away as if nothing were ever wrong.

*smacks computer*