Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Rhythmbox plugin: A method to sift and remove duplicate songs?

Beans

Re:[ubuntu] Rhythmbox plugin: A method to sift and remove duplicate songs?

So scrawl has stopped maintaining this plugin and it no longer works?

If so, I may consider creating a similar (working) GUI solution

Quote Originally Posted by wwuster View Post
    I converted the script in Tappir's post #98 of this tread to actually move the duplicate mp3s to a temporary directory. Since I don't do python I did it in php. I found that about 10% of my mp3s were duplicates. This just moves them to .../Desktop/tmp from the source directory .../Desktop/mp3, in my case. Make sure that the destination directory for the duplicates exists,
    or modify this script to create it if it doesn't. I then deleted the duplicates from the temporary directory after I was confident that the script did what I expected. I gained about 10 gigs of disk space by removing duplicates.

William

<?php
    if (
    $title == $s["title"] &&
    $artist == $s["artist"] &&
    ($tdif < 2 || $album == $s["album"])
    }
    ?>
    Useful script
    $tdif < 2 should be in_array($tdif, range(-1,1)) if you want the same behaviour as the original, where the difference allowed is either -1 second, 0 second (same duration), or +1 second.

For example, if:
    Track A = 10 seconds
    Track B = 9 seconds

Depending which track appears first in the xml file, it will either calculate as:

Track A - Track B = 1
    or
    Track B - Track A = -1

By the way, does it preserve the directory structure when moving duplicates?
    If not, it'd be a cool idea to generate a bash script with 'rm' commands on the desktop instead.
    Then you could still choose whether or not to run it (deleting the files), and edit it to choose which files to delete etc.
    The benefit would be not having to remember which directories duplicates should be moved back to

I've just realized Banshee is the default music player in the upcoming natty, which also suffers from no detection of duplicate tracks (and no extension to fix it). So i'll divert interest in creating an extension to that from rhythmbox.

Banshee looks better than Rhythmbox in every way, except it doesn't automatically group an album by various artists into a single album entry (maybe i'll write an extension for this too? ).
    Last edited by howefield; February 7th, 2016 at 01:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Rhythmbox plugin: A method to sift and remove duplicate songs?

mihai007: thanks for your script, it works great!
    Linux on your Apple Mac │ iLinux
    http://mac.linux.be
    http://www.mintppc.org

Beans

Got the same problem. Tappir's link (python script) doesn't work for me. I followed the instructions correctly, still, the dupes goes back again.. sorry guys I'm just a newbie linux user..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Code:
    emyr@emyr-desktop:~$ rhythmbox

(rhythmbox:4082): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/emyr/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/duplicate-source/__init__.py", line 88, in activate
        self.entry_type = self.db.entry_register_type("DuplicateEntryType")
    AttributeError: '__main__.RhythmDBTree' object has no attribute 'entry_register_type'

(rhythmbox:4082): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(rhythmbox:4082): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    This is what I see if I launch from terminal, no Duplicates Source appears in the sidebar. Don't know Ruby yet, so I'm in no position to work on this.

Beans

Using 11.10 and being aware that the local plugins directory for Rhythmbox at this time is ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins, I cannot figure out how to get the plugin to show up in the list of plugins to edit. Any suggestions?

Beans

me neither, I have some plugins in that folder but couldn't figure out how to activate them. Is there maybe a permission problem ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

any plugin with a .rb-plugin extension will not work in newer v2.9x versions of rhythmbox.

These will need to be recoded to be GTK3+ compatible.
    mark your thread as [SOLVED], use Thread Tools on forum page.

Beans

Has anybody modified this to work with GTK3+? The only thing I could think to change was renaming the .rb-plugin extension to .plugin and changing the IAge field in the .plugin file to 2. But that didn't work...

This is what I was using as a reference but I am afraid that most of it is a little beyond me. It is hard to believe that Rhythmbox doesn't have a delete duplicates plugin by default.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011