Thread: ATI Radeon x1300 drivers

Beans

ATI Radeon x1300 drivers

I just did a fresh reinstall of Intrepid 8.10. The last time I needed drivers for my x1300, I just used the GUI interface in system-hardware drivers and simply had to click "activate driver."

The problem is that when i try that now, the GUI stops responding after some time and it never finds and installs the driver.

I have attempted to download the drivers from ATIs website, but it appears that ONLY the 64 bit version is available, EVEN when you select 32 bit linux from the drop down menu.

Is there another place to find the ATI Radeon x1300 driver for 32 bit ubuntu?

OR is there something else I should be trying?

Beans

Re: ATI Radeon x1300 drivers

Hi - Not sure if this will be much help, as I don't really have a solution for you, just that I am using the same driver as you and mine also seemed to take ages while it attempted to download the driver.

I go through the same procedure as you described, but it takes about five minutes or so before even the download progress bar begins to move. (I have a high speed broadband connection, so it isn't a connection speed issue.) Though after that period, the progress bar suddenly grows and rushes to the finish/100 % point, and then installs itself correctly.

Perhaps you may want to try just waiting and see if this is the case with yours also?

Sorry it isn't much help, but may be worth just giving it a try.

Beans

I just downloaded this

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

It says it's for x86 as well. Will reply when I have tested it

Beans