Thread: Nautilus file transfer error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Nautilus file transfer error

Hi,

Ive been using ubuntu for 2 years now and just love it. I am constantly trying to expand my knowledge and experience with it so in the past week I have tried my hand at compiling lots of programs. File roller, pidgin, evince, tomboy etc etc all successfully thanks to the help of people on this forum.

Now my final attempt is with nautilus which surprisingly went well. It works fine apart from 1 problem I discovered last night. When I transfer a file and a transfer window (the one with the progress bar) comes up it crashes nautilus.

This is the error I get:

"Nautilus cannot be used now, due to an unexpected error from Bonobo when attempting to locate the factory. Killing bonobo-activation-server and restarting nautilus may help fix the problem."

This only happens if I transfer a file which makes the transfer window open. Really small files which dont do that cause no issue. Also copying via terminal works fine.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Im so close to my target of compiling all the main applications I use.

Thank you in advance.
    Psyphre.

PS: Source version is 2.24.1
    Last edited by Psyphre; February 23rd, 2009 at 01:32 AM. Reason: additional information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Nautilus file transfer error

bump?