Thread: Eclipse & Flex Builder

Beans

Eclipse & Flex Builder

Hi there,

i'm currently using zend studio (eclipse version) & flex builder alpha linux release.

I've followed numbers of tutorials and got the same problem. cant validate "web root" and "root URL" on creating a new flex project.

The same messages keeps showing , "Cannot access the web server. The server may not be running, or the web root folder or root URL may be invalid.".

Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

Best Regards, and thank you in advance

Bruno Martins

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Eclipse & Flex Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Penteado View Post
    Hi there,

i'm currently using zend studio (eclipse version) & flex builder alpha linux release.

I've followed numbers of tutorials and got the same problem. cant validate "web root" and "root URL" on creating a new flex project.

The same messages keeps showing , "Cannot access the web server. The server may not be running, or the web root folder or root URL may be invalid.".

Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

Best Regards, and thank you in advance

Bruno Martins
    are u running a server on your computer? or are you trying to save remotly?

Beans

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm running on localhost.

Dont know what to do, its getting so frustrating ... . I'm pissed

Beans

I have the exact same problem. Ubuntu 9.04 Eclipse 3.4 Flex Builder.

Any solution or advice?

Beans

HI everyone!

My response perhaps is a bit late but it still might help someone. I installed Flex Builder on Mint 6 (Ubuntu 8.10) some time ago and had some issues too. What I found out was that the version of Eclipse you need to use was 3.3.2. It just wouldn't work with 3.4.

You can also use NetBeans 6.5 with a plugin for Flex development. Because of issues with Flex Builder and java performance on my machine (NetBeans) I nowadays use Komodo Edit plus Flex SDK. Runs fine and compiles as it should. For details on setting up Komodo for Flex you can take a look at my blog: http://blog.rootkowski.com/get-start...ment-on-linux/

Hope this helps someone eager for some Flex development
    Cheers!

EDIT: just found a post about setting up Flex Builder with Eclipse 3.4. You can read it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103588
    Last edited by rootkowski; July 22nd, 2009 at 11:47 AM.