Thread: HDA Nvidia (ALSA) Mixer settings Ubuntu 10.8 Sound and recording 100%

Beans

HDA Nvidia (ALSA) Mixer settings Ubuntu 10.8 Sound and recording 100%

HDA Nvidia (ALSA) Mixer settings
    Ubuntu 10.8
    Sound and recording both working perfect in wine and in gnome.
    Date:Thursday February 19 2009.

Many people are having issues with getting there mic to work...
    So.. I have uploaded a picture of my exact settings that I use to get my Mic working with VENT under the latest wine for Ubuntu 10.8.

All sound and Recording and playing is working 100%, My card is detected as HDA Nvidia , My card is supplied with the STRIKER II Extream Mother board from asus.

Click the Speaker pic in the top right corner of your screen.
    Click on "Preferences" then Check what i have in the image and adjust your settings to match my image. (attached: howtoalsanvidia.jpg )

In the Image you will find the settings i am using for Vent and Wine to have perfect sound and mic usage in vent.

(Click)

If you have any problems are need some assistance post here and ill help the best i can.

Hope this helps with your 25man Naxxramas raids ^_^,

...slave

(Download in Attachment is High Ressolution)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by keyboardslave; February 19th, 2009 at 04:16 AM.
    ..."Life is like a roller coster, you think its real because thats how powerful your mind is; You choose to go on it. Its very loud and brightly colored, it has chills and thrills, but then you think 'is this real or just a ride"?

Beans

Re: HDA Nvidia (ALSA) Mixer settings Ubuntu 10.8 Sound and recording 100%

Hello, I've had some problems with my vent, the thing is, my motherboard is almost the same as yours, except its the Striker Extream, not the Striker II version, I followed your instructions and put the settings like yours but couldnt Xmit anything, just listen, tried PTT and Voice Activated.

If I put the wine Audio config to OSS I can see the begin and end texts on the test area and the sound icon turns to green if I press the PTT, but I can't hear or say anything.

I have a fresh install of ubuntu 8.10, in fact I installed it today, but I installed the x64 version.

Any Ideas on what should I do?

(heh I liked your post because Im trying to play wow on Linux as well and my guild is running naxx 25 every week =P)