Thread: Need to install hyper-v linux integration components?

Beans

Need to install hyper-v linux integration components?

I'm a long time Windows user and net admin. I'm a complete linux noob so I wanted to give it a try and I installed a copy of ubuntu desktop on my hyper-v server. The install went fine and now I want to install the linux integration components I've mounted the ISO so now I'm lost. LOL. How do I complete the install? In windows we would just run setup.exe. Also what is the best book for an advanced windows user to get up and running on linux quickly?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Need to install hyper-v linux integration components?

I'm not sure what it is you need, but all software installation is done using Add/Remove Programs, Synaptic Package Manager, or the coomand line. Applications-->Add/Remove... is where you can start. I prefer System-->Adminisration-->Synaptic Package Manager to install software.

There is a free guide available here.

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

To the op, I know exactly the problem you are having and Im looking into it. To the poster above, I would ask that if you dont have a clue about the subject then dont post!

http://www.jules.fm/files/Hyper-V-Linux-1.0.exe <--- this is what you're after. It extracts an ISO you can load into your virtualbuntu as well as instructions. The instructions state that its only for SUSE - this is merely stating that its only been tested on SUSE, and not that it wont work on Ubuntu.
    I will plunge you into a nightmare world from which there is no awakening. In a lol way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi tgreg,

I just completed a blog post on the step by step installation of Hyper-V Linux Integration Components on Ubuntu (8.04, 8.10, and 9.04) and Debian (5). You can find this article @ http://blogs.allanglesit.com

-matt

Beans

I have seen a post which describe the full installation from Hyper-V from Scratch then the installation of a Linux OS & the Linux integration components all with snapshots of each step. You can check it out at: Linux & IC Installation on MS Hyper-V

I hope that help .