Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: PC Gaming annoys me...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: PC Gaming annoys me...

I think the major problem being presented here is that it is annoying to have to maintain your games, set all the configuration files on a PC and have to worry about a huge range of external factors including security, deamons etc. If your running a cpu intensive program and you boot a game up its just a disaster waiting to happen. On the up side PC gaming is naturally suited to online play.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by tempp View Post
    Well i am thinking about dissembling the next generation of consoles when they get released and use the parts to my computer sense theres not enough games that would keep me left and beside i like to do other stuff to.
    Good luck with that. Every console ever made (even the original Xbox) has custom parts that are unusable in a PC. The only thing in the xbox was the 8/10gig hard drive, and you need to extract the hard drive key to unlock it first.
    Everything else is made for the console, and is useless in your PC.

Beans

I haven't purchased a PC game for years.

It feels awkward playing games on PC. I hate tweaking the video options. And I don't want to install Windows. My computer sucks anyway.

But the new generation consoles don't please me. I still enjoy playing Xbox and PS2 games. I have only played 3% of all the games out there so I won't get bored.

For future gaming, I'm switching my focus to handheld consoles so there's no way I'll buy PS3, Xbox360, or Wii.

Beans

I have been tempted to start some handheld gaming either a psp3000 or the new dsi, nothing like laying on your double bed gaming

Beans

I just recently decided to give up on most PC games. I will play a few Linux games maybe, but nothing like WoW or "pick a title " anymore. It is really a pain in the butt. Configuring every game, upgrading. It is really more expensive to PC Game than Console now.

You know what console I picked? I grabbed me an Original XBox from Gamestop here in town for $50. I have 3 Star Wars games, Batman, Advent Rising and some others. I will play it a bit until I see if the PS3 can do any better than it is. I already had my 360 nightmare, so its out.

It is odd that the Original XBox does better than the 360 too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Omecron View Post
    I just recently decided to give up on most PC games. I will play a few Linux games maybe, but nothing like WoW or "pick a title " anymore. It is really a pain in the butt. Configuring every game, upgrading. It is really more expensive to PC Game than Console now.

You know what console I picked? I grabbed me an Original XBox from Gamestop here in town for $50. I have 3 Star Wars games, Batman, Advent Rising and some others. I will play it a bit until I see if the PS3 can do any better than it is. I already had my 360 nightmare, so its out.

It is odd that the Original XBox does better than the 360 too.
    most games take less then 2 minutes to configure, and that is only once per game. And upgrading is a pain yes, but luckily companies are getting smart about it and using stuff like automatic updating (steam, or bittorent downloads like WoW has)

and at least it does get updated. console updates are either none or rare, and if you do get them at least on the xbox you have to pay for it. On the pc, its free. (exceptions of course)
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro

You should softmod the old xbox and run XBMC, and load your games to the hard drive and play disc-less. Best Media player on your TV, imo.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anjilslaire View Post
    You should softmod the old xbox and run XBMC, and load your games to the hard drive and play disc-less. Best Media player on your TV, imo.
    That idea had not crossed my mind at all when I was deciding at the store what system to pick.

Nope, not once.

I wouldn't even dare think about adding a bigger HD to hold more "save files" either.

Beans
    Distro

Not nice of you to insinuate that sort of thing.

I store my own purchased games, as well as emulators and my own purchased movies on it myself.

Of course its easy to pirate if you wanted to, but I didn't suggest that at all, and I hope you're not suggesting I do that either. If I was into that, I's just stay on Windows, IMO.

The more I use free software, the more respect I have for the license of all software. I prefer to own my own data/media and do with it as I please, thanks.

Back on topic, you'll find lots of great games cheap on the xbox 1. More so than I've found on my 360 so far, actually.

Enjoy, in any event

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ok well i see that some of you are missinformend, If you had the original playstation and then went out and got ps2 then you know that ps1 games play on ps2 consoles, duh, also both ps1 and ps2 play on ps3, duh!!!! same thing goes for xbox, oh and wii can play games all the way back to turbo graphics 16, of course you have to download them but wow you can play sega games and nintendo and snes aaaaand turbograhpics 16 all on one console!!!!! Dont believe me? Check out nintendo's website!

So whats all this if you buy a new console or switch to a new OS you cant play the games for the old OS or console? I have games from windows 95 that ive played on xp without any use of a third party program to make them work!!!

Please do your research before you post!!! And yes wine sucks for games but hey if i wanted to game id buy a console or go back to windows xp.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast