Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wg111 v2 again - "could not find network configuration tool"

Beans

Re: wg111 v2 again - "could not find network configuration tool"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Bacon View Post
    You're actually supposed to run the NVIDIA installer in command-line mode. Log in as root and run the command init 2 (fairly certain that's it) in the terminal, then run the NVIDIA setup. When it's done, enter init 0 to shut down, power back up, and the NVIDIA utility should be installed. I forget if it goes through the configuration settings before or after you reboot, but either way it's going to be easy.
    Ah, darn, that "sh" command, right? I'm so confused already, I keep forgetting stuff... sorry

Beans

OK - I tried again in root. I ran it in the terminal, with the "sh" command and it came up with the X Server again. Dear coach? I'll go through the ndiswrapper thing once more.

As said: I see my and another wireless network But I can't login. Apparently, my device is being detected, but I can't connect. That was always the same. Also logging on to root. I never got a connection up. Maybe I'm on the wrong track after all??

Beans

Back again on the wireless path I found another solution: this looks great

I just have to access the "Networking" menu item that doesn't exist.
    And I just have to access the "System Tools" in my applications, that aren't there.

Anyway, I managed to edit the file, but still no connection...
    Last edited by Corniger; February 19th, 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Beans

There's no need to use the sh command, you just need to put Ubuntu into text mode. Like I said, just log on as root and run init 2. Oh, and you might want to write down the directory where you keep your NVIDIA driver installer for when you go to install it.

As far as seeing the network but not being able to connect, unless you're selecting the wrong type of security, I've got nothing.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: wg111 v2 again - "could not find network configuration tool"

Thanks again!

I'll sure try that one of these months, or when I feel lucky and spend a few bucks on a different WLan adapter, not knowing if that's the issue after all, or in case I feel extremely bored/unchallenged, cause for now I've most thoroughly had it with Ubuntu. I'm sorry your efforts and caring ultimately were in vain
    I am the keeper of the sacred words: ni peng and niiiiiii wham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12