Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Beans

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

@melkkoe - Are you talking about different Puppy distros or Puplets? I just had a crazy idea that I might try out using several Puplets on one distro on a MultiCD. I came across this informative forum about someone having issues GRUB'ing several Puplets and it sounds like a nice addition for a MultiCD. Just cause I'm crazy like that!

http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopi...a34e59c829a3f4

Sorry if the link doesn't work, I'm posting from my phone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi,

I just downloaded 10.10 versions of ubuntu 32bit, ubuntu 64bit, netbook, server 32bit. server 64bit, and lubuntu. I would like to have all these on one dvd. Is there a way with this script? It looks like you can only have one file named "ubuntu.iso"

Thanks

Beans

This appears if you mouse over ubuntu.iso on the multicd homepage:
    Other names supported for Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based ISOs:
    ubuntu2.iso, ubuntu3.iso, kubuntu.iso,
    ubuntu_32_bit.iso, ubuntu_64_bit.iso,
    kubuntu_32_bit.iso, kubuntu_64_bit.iso
    Similar functionality will be added soon for puppy and tinycore.

Beans

Hi,

I want to get an iso image containing multiple ubuntu iso's.
    e.g., 9.04 32 bit 9.04 64 bit, 10.04 32 bit 10.04 64 bit, 10.10 32 bit, 10.10 64 bit.

when i tried to run multicd.sh, i got multicd.iso of 740Kb size.

Is there any way to do it.

Regards,
    Satya

Beans

The plugins [ubuntu2.iso, ubuntu3.iso, kubuntu.iso, ubuntu_32_bit.iso, ubuntu_64_bit.iso, kubuntu_32_bit.iso, kubuntu_64_bit.iso] only work for Ubuntu 9.10 or newer. You can include one version of Ubuntu 9.04 if you name it "ubuntu.iso". Then, I suggest naming the 9.10 versions "ubuntu_32_bit.iso" and "ubuntu_64_bit.iso" and the 10.04 versions "kubuntu_32_bit.iso" and "kubuntu_64_bit.iso". The menu will have the wrong names, but they should still work.

Beans

Question Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Here comes a hard one

I need (want...) to build a multicd containing Vista and Seven recovery discs, both 32 and 64 bits, besides trk, some desktop distro, and some other things. I suppose the way to go is copy the windows7recovery plugin and fiddle a bit with it, but maybe someone has done it already or knows about their boot sequence and can provide tips/howto/patches?

Thanks to everyone that contributed to multicd.sh, maybe it will be my turn now!

EDIT: It seems that hex editing is needed, and I've only found information for some specific versions of bootmgr. So I'll probably stick to Seven x64 (which is what most new computers come with these days) + tools, and keep the 3 other discs around for when need arises.
    Last edited by raydeejay; October 24th, 2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Researched a bit

Beans

Hi,

I'm geting this:

Code:
    ~/multicd/plugins/hirens.sh: 71: cannot create tags/hirens.name: Directory nonexistent
    and the script just stops.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by debianite View Post
    Hi,

I'm geting this:

Code:
    ~/multicd/plugins/hirens.sh: 71: cannot create tags/hirens.name: Directory nonexistent
    and the script just stops.
    In plugins/hiren.sh, change this:
    Code:
    head -n 1 hirens/BootCD.txt |sed -e 's/\t//g'>tags/hirens.name
    into this:
    Code:
    head -n 1 hirens/BootCD.txt |sed -e 's/\t//g'>$TAGS/hirens.name
    Thanks for notifying me about this bug

Beans

I just released version 6.1. It fixes some bugs, and adds a cool new feature: some ISOs can be automatically linked.
    For example, if there is no tinycore.iso in the folder, but there IS a tinycore_3.2.iso, the script will make a symlink pointing from tinycore_3.2.iso to tinycore.iso, and (here's the cool part) it will remember that the version number is 3.2, so that shows up on the MultiCD menu!
    This is currently only in place for the distributions that I usually use, but it could certainly be added for others. I simply have to put something above
    Code:
    if [ $1 = scan ];then
    For tinycore, I end up with:
    Code:
    if [ $1 = links ];then
    	echo "tinycore-current.iso tinycore.iso"
    	echo "tinycore_*.iso tinycore.iso"
    elif [ $1 = scan ];then
    Those two "echo" lines get passed to the isoaliases() function in functions.sh, which will make a link $2 pointing to $1 if $1 exists but $2 doesn't.
    If you want to clean up these links it makes automatically, run:
    Code:
    ./multicd.sh cleanlinks
    This will:
    1. remove all symbolic links in the current directory that point to other files in the same directory
    2. remove all files ending in ".version"
    3. remove all files ending in ".defaultname"
    So it might be nice to be careful using cleanlinks, but if you have a separate folder to run MultiCD in it shouldn't be a problem.

Beans

I just released version 6.1. It fixes some bugs, and adds a cool new feature: some ISOs can be automatically linked.
    For example, if there is no tinycore.iso in the folder, but there IS a tinycore_3.2.iso, the script will make a symlink pointing from tinycore_3.2.iso to tinycore.iso, and (here's the cool part) it will remember that the version number is 3.2, so that shows up on the MultiCD menu!
    This is currently only in place for the distributions that I usually use, but it could certainly be added for others. I simply have to put something above
    Code:
    if [ $1 = scan ];then
    For tinycore, I end up with:
    Code:
    if [ $1 = links ];then
    	echo "tinycore-current.iso tinycore.iso"
    	echo "tinycore_*.iso tinycore.iso"
    elif [ $1 = scan ];then
    Those two "echo" lines get passed to the isoaliases() function in functions.sh, which will make a link $2 pointing to $1 if $1 exists but $2 doesn't.
    If you want to clean up these links it makes automatically, run:
    Code:
    ./multicd.sh cleanlinks
    This will:
    1. remove all symbolic links in the current directory that point to other files in the same directory
    2. remove all files ending in ".version"
    3. remove all files ending in ".defaultname"
    So it might be nice to be careful using cleanlinks, but if you have a separate folder to run MultiCD in it shouldn't be a problem.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast