Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    I changed a line in ubuntu-alternate.sh. Try it now & see if it works.
    It seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

multiple Ubuntu minimal mini.isos

Is it possible to put more than one mini.iso on a CD? I have aging computers of both amd64 and i386 types that I'd like to put a minimal install on, and I don't think they'll boot from sticks. I've tried merging mini.iso files with your script and I get:

cp: cannot stat `/home/paulus/applications/MultiCD/temporary-mountpoints/386mini.ubuntu/casper': No such file or directory

I'm happy to peer under the hood and twiddle with the script, but after reading the last 10-15 pages of this thread, I wanted to ask if it's even possible first.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Hello
    Just discovered this tool. Is it similar to MultiSystem? (see my signature below)

Beans

Maybeway36,
    I updated to the latest version of MultiCD and tried my Spinrite and Dos Ver 3.3 & 6.22 images again.
    The current version appears to work good with Spinrite Versions 5 & 6. I did find a small problem with
    my Spinrite 5 Image and fixed it. So, in reference to Posting #266, my Spinrite Issues are fixed.

Also I see you included the Mepis Plugin, but you didn't update your Web Page for Supported Distro's
    stating that it is also available.

THANKS!

lk

Beans

Re: multiple Ubuntu minimal mini.isos

Quote Originally Posted by def_mornahan View Post
    Is it possible to put more than one mini.iso on a CD? I have aging computers of both amd64 and i386 types that I'd like to put a minimal install on, and I don't think they'll boot from sticks. I've tried merging mini.iso files with your script and I get:

cp: cannot stat `/home/paulus/applications/MultiCD/temporary-mountpoints/386mini.ubuntu/casper': No such file or directory

I'm happy to peer under the hood and twiddle with the script, but after reading the last 10-15 pages of this thread, I wanted to ask if it's even possible first.
    The script doesn't have a way to use more than one mini.iso (unless it's one for Ubuntu and one for Debian - those are separate.) You can, however, include NetbootCD, or just copy the ubuntu-mini.sh script and make some changes so the files don't overwrite each other.

Quote Originally Posted by YannBuntu View Post
    Hello
    Just discovered this tool. Is it similar to MultiSystem? (see my signature below)
    It has a similar concept - a customizable group of distributions on one boot device. So do some other projects (I have links to some of those on the bottom of the MultiCD home page at http://multicd.tuxfamily.org/).

Beans

Hi,

First, great tool!

Just 2 questions.

1. Does ubuntu-12.04-server.iso supported, because DVD iso-s not include this image if i create with other iso-s?

2. If i generate iso DVD with ubuntu 12.04 and ubuntu 12.10 boot menus created without version number like this:
    Ubuntu (32-bit)
    Ubuntu (32-bit)

although version numbers are visible when creating the iso like this:
    Ubuntu (32-bit) 12.10
    Ubuntu (32-bit) 12.04

Sorry if already answered...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sinj View Post
    1. Does ubuntu-12.04-server.iso supported, because DVD iso-s not include this image if i create with other iso-s?
    I've never tested Ubuntu Server until just now. But it looks like if you name the ISO "ubuntu-alternate.iso", it will work!
    (I'll also edit ubuntu-alternate.sh so it can find the regular ISO filename, just like with ubuntu-alternate-12.04-i386.iso, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by sinj View Post
    2. If i generate iso DVD with ubuntu 12.04 and ubuntu 12.10 boot menus created without version number like this:
    Ubuntu (32-bit)
    Ubuntu (32-bit)

although version numbers are visible when creating the iso like this:
    Ubuntu (32-bit) 12.10
    Ubuntu (32-bit) 12.04

Sorry if already answered...
    That's actually a bug! I'll fix it in the next Git revision.

Beans

I've never tested Ubuntu Server until just now. But it looks like if you name the ISO "ubuntu-alternate.iso", it will work!
    OK, but there are lots of "alternate" ubuntu versions. There is lubuntu for example what I also included on my list. (lubuntu-12.04-alternate-i386.iso) I noticed if there is more than one iso -including the "alternate" word- than the multicd.iso wont contain any of it.

I tried to create a multicd.iso from
    linux mint
    lubuntu
    ubuntu-server (renamed ubuntu-alternate)
    ubuntu dekstop

Beans

The "alternate" ISO images are the ones that use the text-based installer. ("server" images use that installer as well.) You can only have one of these Ubuntu text-based installers on a single disc, because the files conflict with each other, and I haven't been able to find a way to move them and still make it work.
    With the "desktop" ISOS (the live CD installers), it's possible to move the files so they don't conflict; you can have as many of these as you like. I suggest you download the Lubuntu desktop CD (lubuntu-12.*-desktop-i386.iso) and use that instead.

P.S. MultiCD now detects "ubuntu-*-server-i386.iso" and "ubuntu-*-server-amd64.iso", and redirects them to ubuntu-alternate automatically.

Beans

P.S. MultiCD now detects "ubuntu-*-server-i386.iso" and "ubuntu-*-server-amd64.iso", and redirects them to ubuntu-alternate automatically.
    Thank You, I appreciate your work!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast