Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Hi all - I'm experiencing a syslinux problem after the script downloads syslinux 4.06

Unpacking and copying files...
    cp: cannot stat `/tmp/syslinux-*/com32/modules/chain.c32': No such file or directory

If anyone can point me in the right direction It'd be much appreciated.
    Best wishes to all.

Beans

Whoops! That's a bug in my script - I didn't update the path for 4.06. ((It only affects users who don't have "syslinux.tar.gz" already cached in multicd's folder.) It should be fixed now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emalyse View Post
    Hi all - I'm experiencing a syslinux problem after the script downloads syslinux 4.06

cp: cannot stat `/tmp/syslinux-*/com32/modules/chain.c32': No such file or directory
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem ... getting the exact same error.

Edit:
    Tried it several times now - with the same result.

Once I tried directly downloading syslinux 4.06 and extracting it to the multicd folder - same result.
    After the last failure, I navigated to /tmp/syslinux-*/com32/modules - it is there, but the file chain.c32 is not there.
    I hope this information can help you to provide us with a solution

Brizvegan
    Last edited by Brizvegan; January 2nd, 2013 at 06:02 AM. Reason: added information

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Smile Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

The latest update solved my problem. Many thanks. Had to remember to delete a previous syslinux in /tmp though or I'd get the same problem (in case anyone else is still encountering problems).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emalyse
    The latest update solved my problem. Many thanks. Had to remember to delete a previous syslinux in /tmp though or I'd get the same problem (in case anyone else is still encountering problems).
    Unfortunately, the latest update with path to syslinux 4.06 hasn't solved my problem.
    Also deleted syslinux files in /tmp without success.
    Tried again, and got the same error message.

Here is the terminal output of last attempt - maybe someone can spot what is going wrong, or if there is something I'm doing wrong:

d@Mint-13-Cinnamon-laptop ~/multicd/IsaacSchemm-MultiCD-11e1710 $ chmod +x multicd*.sh
    d@Mint-13-Cinnamon-laptop ~/multicd/IsaacSchemm-MultiCD-11e1710 $ ./multicd*.sh
    Made a link named mint.linuxmint.iso pointing to linuxmint-14-cinnamon-dvd-32bit.iso (version 14-cinnamon-dvd-32bit)
    Made a link named 1_mint.linuxmint.iso pointing to linuxmint-14-kde-dvd-32bit.iso (version 14-kde-dvd-32bit)
    Made a link named 2_mint.linuxmint.iso pointing to linuxmint-14-mate-dvd-32bit.iso (version 14-mate-dvd-32bit)
    Made a link named 3_mint.linuxmint.iso pointing to linuxmint-14-xfce-dvd-32bit.iso (version 14-xfce-dvd-32bit)
    multicd.sh 20121217
    Extracting ISO images with file-roller; will build multicd.iso; UID 1000.

Linux Mint 14-kde-dvd-32bit
    Linux Mint 14-mate-dvd-32bit
    Linux Mint 14-xfce-dvd-32bit
    Linux Mint 14-cinnamon-dvd-32bit
    Memtest86+

Continuing in 2 seconds - press Ctrl+C to cancel
    Copying files for each plugin...
    Copying Linux Mint...
    Copying Linux Mint...
    Copying Linux Mint...
    Copying Linux Mint...
    Downloading SYSLINUX...
    --2013-01-11 09:24:14-- https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/uti...ux-4.06.tar.gz
    Resolving www.kernel.org (www.kernel.org)... 149.20.4.69, 149.20.20.133
    Connecting to www.kernel.org (www.kernel.org)|149.20.4.69|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 6651601 (6.3M) [application/x-gzip]
    Saving to: 'syslinux.tar.gz'

100%[================================================== ==========================>] 6,651,601 325K/s in 22s

2013-01-11 09:24:41 (299 KB/s) - 'syslinux.tar.gz' saved [6651601/6651601]

d@Mint-13-Cinnamon-laptop ~/multicd/IsaacSchemm-MultiCD-11e1710 $

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hi, how can I resolve the same problem of Brizvegan?
    At the moment I would be fine also manually enter the necessary files in their folders but I don't know what and where to get them.
    Thanks

Beans

Greetings,
    can I modify the win7recovery script to include win8recovery and vistarecovery?

Beans

Hello there,
    I'm experiencing a small problem with Zorin OS images; basically the script doesn't detect them. I'm trying to burn Zorin OS 7, the latest version of the distro. Why could this be happening?

Thanks for the support and good job with the script, i'll save many DVD's with it.

Beans

Hey maybeway36, first I'd like to thank you for this script. But I have some problem in the installation phase of Ubuntu from multicd.iso as shown here. I successfully created single cd of 4 Ubuntu versions. Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04,14.04(32 bit and 64 bit). Before burning it to dvd I wanted to check whether it is working properly or not so tried installing inside virtualBox. Here it is just blinking but not proceding to installation as shown here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

@padmahas
    I do not use multicd.sh, but 12.10 and 13.04 are not now supported.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
    Chart does not make it clear but with 10.04 only server version is still supported.

Also you may need boot parameters. What video card do you have. I have to modify my scripts with nomodeset for my nVidia to work. But I just get monitor turning off and system still running if I do not use nomodeset. Other video systems may need other boot parameters.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast