Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Hybrid View

Beans

multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

multicd.sh is my script to combine several ISOs into one. It started out supporting DSL, Puppy and GParted, and now supports over 20 Linux distros (wow!) as well as any floppy disk image.
    The official webiste, at which new versions can be found, is at http://multicd.tuxfamily.org/.
    The old Ubuntu Forums thread was in the Other OS Talk section at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=718016. It was about time for a new thread anyway
    Last edited by maybeway36; February 17th, 2009 at 03:04 AM. Reason: typo

Beans

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Version 4.3 (released recently) supports Knoppix (tested with 5.3.1 only, not sure about 6.) Grab it at the website at http://multicd.tuxfamily.org.

Beans

Version 4.4 adds support for Austrumi and GeeXboX, thanks to PsynoKhi0.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

This looks awesome. I've been looking for some way to combine multiple tools like the Gparted live CD in one. Definitely going to check this out.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thank you so much I've been looking for somethin like this but everything else looked so complicate, thanks!

Beans

I was waitin' for you to remake

It's probably good that otherOS was shutdown... we didn't have any new blood there.
    if (linux == choice) {lsb != linux;}
    else {linux = windows;}

http://one.xthost.info/aios

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Now, I'm not sure if this where you want ideas errors for your script, but, I'm going to spill them anyways, whats the worse going to happen?...

Here we go:

Brilliant idea, I had a bit if a problem getting gparted 0.3.4 (something with the error of cp: cannot stat `gparted/live': No such file or directory, or if the ISO is already (by the script itself?) mounted it doesn't like it, says something like "Copying Clonezilla..." "umount: clonezilla: not mounted")

Now instead of adding a ton of ISOs in a list, how about making a smart system that looks for a ISO in the directory, mounts it, then searches for a boot system, looks for a name if the ISO (in the boot files?) then adds it. I think even though it may be a hill to climb, but it would be worth it in the end, less mass adding ISOs to you.

The other idea is make a unetbootin plugin, so people can make a bootable USB system with this (or some sort of support, when I've tried it, it didn't work, it may just be me... )
    linkies for you: http://unetbootin.wiki.sourceforge.net/createplugin

...and Well Done, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Maximus.Psychosis; February 25th, 2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Spelling & grammar

Beans

Lots of distributions store files in different places, which the isolinux.cfg my or may not point to, and some of these files could potenitally conflict. Because of this, it seems like it would be pretty had to write a generic script for any ISO. It could probably be done, it just wouldn't work as often. That said, I might try it sometime; I know UNetbootin does it this way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

When I try to run this with slax.iso among the others, it fails with this error message:
    cp: cannot stat `slax/slax': No such file or directory
    Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    EDIT: Was using the wrong iso all along. Was using a slax 5 iso.
    Last edited by Azureskies; March 26th, 2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Adding information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Can we have Crunchbang Linux added?

Lite edition is probably better (it's around 450MB or something) since that leaves room for other distro's.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast