Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Beans

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

DSL is not functioning correctly.
    I just can't choose between any boot option by pressing F4, using normal livecd I can choose the display resolution.
    The probelm is:
    If I don't choose the right display, the screen begin to display a "Not optimum mode, recommended mode 1024x768x24".

It seems like a 'default booter', without boot options.

Beans

I'm still looking for a solution of the problem I reported in this earlier post regarding multicd.sh 5.3 in combination with gparted-live-0.5.2-1.iso and ubcd411.iso.

Have you had success including GParted and UBCD? Any suggestions what I should try? Thanks in advance!

Beans

@rudregues: Thanks for telling me this. In the next version, DSL will have a submenu. To download multicd with the DSL submenu feature now, use git:
    Code:
    git clone git://git.tuxfamily.org/gitroot/multicd/multicd.git
    EDIT: Okay, the git repo has now been updated with the DSL menu feature.

@maf14129: With multicd.sh version 5.4, both gparted-live-0.5.2-1.iso and ubcd411.iso work perfectly for me when testing them in QEMU. If you still have problems, it might be the computer you're running it on. You can use the original CD images to check.
    Last edited by maybeway36; May 24th, 2010 at 09:30 PM.

Beans

The script does not work for the new Arch install CD. I'm working on a fix but I'm using the netinstall i386 CD and I doubt any fix I come up with will work with the dual (i386+x86_64) CD.

EDIT

Also there's an extra ']' on line 56 of freedos.sh.
    Last edited by jerome_bc; May 26th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    @maf14129: With multicd.sh version 5.4, both gparted-live-0.5.2-1.iso and ubcd411.iso work perfectly for me when testing them in QEMU. If you still have problems, it might be the computer you're running it on. You can use the original CD images to check.
    Same result here. I successfully combined und ran clonezilla-live-1.2.4-28-686.iso, gparted-live-0.5.2-9.iso, and ubcd411.iso. Unfortenately, many of the UBCD tools I tested stall when booting FreeDOS. The last two lines are
    Code:
     - InitDiskBIOS reported 0 sectors/trac, assuming 63!

Invalid Opcode at F000 9F00 0246 F601 A003 0E00 0004 6504 0002 1100 00E8 0000 0000
    In the meantime, UBCD has moved to release 5.0 and has completely changed its directory structure. The old ubcd.sh plugin does not work anymore. I changed lines like
    Code:
    cp -r ubcd/dosapps multicd-working/boot/ubcd/
    to
    Code:
    cp -r ubcd/ubcd/dosapps multicd-working/boot/ubcd/
    But that's not all. The next error is
    Code:
    sed: couldn't edit multicd-working/boot/ubcd/menus/grub4dos: not a regular file
    I did not dare to fool around with the menus, though... Could you possibly update ubcd.sh?

Thanks, maf14129

Beans

I fixed the script for the arch install cd and I made a new one for the dual cd. I tested archdual.sh on vbox and 2 machines, and arch.sh on vbox only. Feel free to add them to the repo, modify them or whatever, as per the license.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Your script is great .I always wished for one like this but there is one problem .The script doesn't detect kubuntu . what to do ?

Beans

Rename it to ubuntu.iso. Or ubuntu2.iso if you want to put both Ubuntu and Kubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

After changing name of Kubuntu to ubuntu2, it works. Bet what if I have to add another ubuntu varient,say xubuntu or lubuntu? Will changing to ubuntu3 or ubuntu4 work ?.

Beans

No. As it is the script only works for 2 versions. Honestly though I think it's a waste of space to put multiple variants. I suggest you just put regular Ubuntu and install the desktop you want afterward, i.e.

apt-get install xubuntu-desktop, lubuntu-desktop or kubuntu-desktop

then

apt-get remove ubuntu-desktop

if you want to get rid of gnome. I'm sure there's a way to download the *buntu-desktop packages and their dependencies (the dependencies is the important part) and put them on the CD, so you won't have to redownload them every time, but I'm not too familiar with apt-get as Arch is my main OS. You can look it up in the man page for apt-get.
    Last edited by jerome_bc; May 30th, 2010 at 07:57 PM.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast