Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

Beans

Re: multicd.sh - combine Linux ISOS into one

I am in trouble with ubuntu_32_bit
    My image contains 4 OS versions: kubuntu 32 & 64 bit and the same for ubuntu
    Now 3 of them are starting ok, but ubuntu_32_bit says:

(initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Invalid argument
    Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom//boot/ubuntu_32_bit/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

Any idea?

P.S And many THANKS for scripts, finally I have got my wanted DVD (with knoppix, systemrescuecd, backtrack, mint and 10 more distros )
    Last edited by zmi007; September 4th, 2010 at 03:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

@maybeway36

I'm not too worried about it, I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it. Also, I have modified my copy of the script. While I doubt that has anything to do with it, it is possible.

On that note, I sent you an email.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    I also added support for Damn Vulnerable Linux, Caine, and the Windows 98 SE and Windows Me installation disks.

Maybe I'm crazy, but is this plugin not included? I couldn't find it in the .tar.gz or the git repo, and found no trace of it in the combined version.

And feel free to include the ophcrack script if you wish. However, I may do some more work on it, so that you can include xp and vista on the same iso (if this is possible).

EDIT:

I updated my ophcrack script. Get it from my previous post. It now can use both the XP and Vista versions.

*NOTE* I have only tested that it boots, not that it actually works, as I do not have a Windows machine to test it on.
    Last edited by yogurt06; September 4th, 2010 at 08:30 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

When I tried to run it, as described on the website, it gave me the following complaint and then quit:
    Copying Kubuntu...
    cp: impossible d'évaluer «kubuntu/isolinux/text.cfg»: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Which in English is probably "cp: impossible to evaluate "kubuntu/isolinux/text.cfg": no file or folder of this type"

This is with the Kubuntu Maverick 64-bit beta. Same thing happens if I change the name of the file to kubuntu_64_bit.iso

I'm pretty sure it's not the iso - I've run the md5sum and it's fine. As it says, however, there is no file at isolinux/text.cfg, but there is one called txt.cfg

What do I do?

EDIT: Tried it without Kubuntu. Now the first file is PCLinuxOS LXDE, and it says:
    Copying PCLinuxOS LXDE...
    rm: impossible de supprimer «multicd-working/pclosLXDE/isolinux/memtest»: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

translation: rm: impossible to delete "multicd-working/pclosLXDE/isolinux/memtest": no file or folder of this type

Why does it keep complaining about files that don't exist?
    Last edited by Thryn; September 8th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: another error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

These should fix your errors.

For Kubuntu, the text.cfg was indeed renamed txt.cfg. These scripts check for both, and move whichever one exists. I don't know if this is now standard, or a typo.

For PCLinux, the latest version doesn't seem to contain memtest. So when the script tried to delete it, it couldn't find it. Again, I have no idea if this is now standard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by yogurt06 View Post
    These should fix your errors.

For Kubuntu, the text.cfg was indeed renamed txt.cfg. These scripts check for both, and move whichever one exists. I don't know if this is now standard, or a typo.

For PCLinux, the latest version doesn't seem to contain memtest. So when the script tried to delete it, it couldn't find it. Again, I have no idea if this is now standard.
    Thanks! I now have a working multiDVD!

Beans

Thanks, yogurt06. I applied the Kubuntu changes to the ubuntu*.sh scripts also (just in case those are renamed too), and uploaded those, the PCLinuxOS changes, and your ophcrack.sh script to the git repo. I like what you did with Ophcrack and combining its XP/Vista versions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No problem. You should take a second look at that ophcrack script. Towards the end there are some lines commented out that shouldn't be, and an extra command option that i use for my version of the script that you might want to remove.

I've also been working on the main script to make the menu it creates in isolinux.cfg a little more friendly, and possibly organize some files a little better. If you would like to see any of it, I can PM you a link to my svn repo.

EDIT:
    Caught a potential problem with the Arch Linux plugins. Arch looks for a disk by waiting for a certain label. The plugins seemed to notice this is needed ($ISOLABEL), but it didnt look like it got a label from anywhere. After testing my script, and the latest git repo, this was definitely the case.

To fix it, I put this:
    Code:
    touch tags/cdlabel

echo $CDLABEL > tags/cdlabel
    Somewhere after the cd label is determined, but before the writecfg's are called. Around line 115 would be good. And here are the fixed scripts that accommodate the changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yogurt06; September 13th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Beans

Is it possible to write plugin for DrWeb Live CD?

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/?lng=en
    http://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/

Beans

I'll look at it. It should be possible, but I can't promise a timeframe.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

This sounds like Multiboot. Is it a similar idea except they create a usb instead of a CD?

http://liveusb.info/dotclear/index.php?
    Last edited by beew; September 16th, 2010 at 06:39 AM.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast