Thread: Linksys wec600n expresscard and HP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Linksys wec600n expresscard and HP

I am entirely new to Linux/Ubuntu. After an XP crash last week I made the switch, and so far everything is great.

I have a HP dv6000us laptop, and cannot get my Linksys wec600n wireless card to work. I have installed the drivers from the Linksys website via ndisgtk and ndiswrapper. In system/administration/"windows wireless drivers" the linksys driver appears, but it says that the hardware is not present.

Now, do I have a problem with the Linksys hardware/driver, or is it a hardware/driver problem with the HP (in that there are missing drivers for the expresscard slot)??

I read that expresscards are new, and not yet fully integrated into Linux. If I'm SOL, what would be a supported, easy-set-up external WLAN adapter to substitute my Linksys?

Any help is appreciated, and I'm glad to finally be part of the Linux community.

Thanks,
    -Keith

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Linksys wec600n expresscard and HP

So I found the nice list of adapters in the wireless forum. Wec600n is not in there. Oh well, I'll just pick up one of the working adapters from the list.

Thanks,
    Keith