Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ati driver

Beans

Re: ati driver

Quote Originally Posted by delpgdn View Post
    no control panel for card desktop effects not enable no visible change in anykind of video
    Check out this link for desktop effects with open source drivers https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver. As for no control panel for card and no visible change in anykind of video I'm sort of lost as to what you mean there.
    Last edited by kk0sse54; February 15th, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I decided to update my ATI driver (bad idea) and so I did it...everything seemed ok but when I tryed to run some D3D applications...the whole screen was like...what`s going on here xD

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by C!oud View Post
    Desktop effects will not work because 3D is not supported by the open source radeon driver. As for no control panel for card and no visible change in anykind of video I'm sort of lost as to what you mean there.
    3D and desktop effects are supported by the open-source driver on the Radeon 9000 and have been for some time. I use the open-source driver and have full use of compiz with no problems at all and have done so since before compiz was a part of the default Ubuntu install.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qamelian View Post
    3D and desktop effects are supported by the open-source driver on the Radeon 9000 and have been for some time. I use the open-source driver and have full use of compiz with no problems at all and have done so since before compiz was a part of the default Ubuntu install.
    Hence why the post was edited almost immediately

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by C!oud View Post
    Hence why the post was edited almost immediately
    Yeah, I had to do a double-take, as I knew that wasn't what I saw the first time around.

Beans

cant change desktop appearance videos choppy no sign of card working no info of card on system except lspci card works fine under vista

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12